Windows 10: Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive

Discus and support Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I know that this isn't a specific Windows error, but I'm really troubled right now. Basically, my baby brother hit my computer really hard, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FenixSans, Jul 28, 2018.

1. FenixSans Win User

Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive

So, I know that this isn't a specific Windows error, but I'm really troubled right now. Basically, my baby brother hit my computer really hard, and everytime I turned it on, it went in a loop. I tried reinstalling Win 10 via USB Stick, but when I got to the Disk partition part, It showed that my Hard Disk (1 TB) was 0.0 mb. I've been searching, but all the solutions that I've found don't work. So then, I tried installing Ubuntu, and It worked or so I thought, because when I removed the USB, the program started to fail (I know why that happened). I'm currently searching through the settings of Ubuntu, and I got to this Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive 0cf48f61-b9e3-4086-996f-5b6864235b30?upload=true.jpg

:)

FenixSans, Jul 28, 2018

2. I can't access my external hard drive with Windows 10....

The computer doesn`t recognize the external hard drive. Help!

KristinaMacaskill, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Fuzzeoly Win User
    Hard Drive Enclosure Doesn't Recognize Some Drives

I bought a 3.5" sata 1 & 2 hard drive enclosure and it won't recognize some of my hard drives. I thought it was broken at first but than I tried a laptop sata drive and it recognized it and worked fine. But two other sata drives which i actually want to use don't work in it. I hear the drives spin up so they are getting power and both drives work fine directly hooked up to the motherboard. I don't know what's wrong.

Fuzzeoly, Jul 28, 2018
  4. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Computer Doesn't Recognize

2. Storage doesn't recognize my other hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage doesn't recognize my other hard drives: Hi, the Microsoft Storage utility doesn't recognize my hard drive or second SSD. This means that I cannot install apps to them which means that my boot SSD has filled up. I can access those two drives from My PC and save files to them with other programs. How do I go about...
  3. Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive: Recently bought an external hard drive and wanted to use bitlocker go to password protect it. I plugged the hard drive into my laptop through a usb 3.0 connection and it appears in my file explorer just fine. However, when go into "manage bitlocker" it does not appear in the...
  4. Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.: Computer froze and i had to do a "hard reboot" and now won't load. Can get to DOS prompt when couldn't do system repair or restore and now system cannot find either hard drive....
  5. Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't recognize hard drive: My computer is somewhat old, but works well,Dell optiplex 755. It was purchased refurbished and works fine.It originally was an XP machine that the seller installed Win7 on. Some time ago I upgraded to Win10 and all was well until an update came along which said there...
  6. Hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not recognized: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing ssd drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  7. External hard drive not recognized in My Computer

External hard drive not recognized in My Computer: I have a USB External hard drive which is not showing up in My Computer although it was formerly. What can I do to correct this or access my data on it. I'm using Win10 with the latest updates. Thanks....
  8. Laptop doesn't recognize external hard drive

Laptop doesn't recognize external hard drive: I just purchased a new WD MyBook 8TB external hard drive to replace my Seagate 8TB hard drive because it quit working. I see it in Device Manager. I hear it spinning. I have changed USB ports. I have used Windows update. I have connected my older WD 3TB MyBook external hard...
  9. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: suddenly my external hard drive is not showing up in my pc however i can see it in devices and printers how can i fix this problem without losing all the information on my hard drive?...
  10. Computer does not recognize external hard drive

Computer does not recognize external hard drive: Hi all,I googled this but I really can't find an answer,hear goes.I have 2 seagate external hard drives with all my movies and tv shows.I plug it into my dvd player and watch them on my smart tv.I bought a new one which says seagate external expansion drive.It is not...