Windows 10: Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore

Discus and support Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had this computer since March 2017, when it was purchased brand new. It is my own computer for personal home use, so not on any group network or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kentuckywoman2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore

I've had this computer since March 2017, when it was purchased brand new. It is my own computer for personal home use, so not on any group network or anything else. It's just my personal home computer. Lately it won't go to sleep as it should. I've tried rebooting, and that doesn't help. I tried to identify the program or problem by typing cmd and then doing a power request, but now it says only an elevated command prompt by an administrator is allowed to do that. In other forums I see where I'm supposed to type in cmd and then right click on the command prompt to run as administrator, but that option isn't available. I can right click on the command prompt but that doesn't do anything. I'm not sure what I've done, or what the problem is, but something isn't right. I used to be able to run as administrator. And my computer used to sleep. My sleep settings are all the same and I haven't changed the way I sign in to my computer. So what happened? I need to be able to have administrator privileges and I need to be able to put my computer to sleep. Help!

:)

kentuckywoman2, Sep 4, 2018

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore

windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore

1. Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't recognize

2. Computer won't recognize Ethernet cable anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't recognize Ethernet cable anymore: So this has been going on for a month already.My newly built pc is unable to detect if I have an ethernet cable plugged in, and can not access internet because of it.I am unsure of the exact cause, but before, the pc was able to use the ethernet cable just fine. The only...
  3. Computer won't recognize Ethernet cable anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't recognize Ethernet cable anymore: So this has been going on for a month already.My newly built pc is unable to detect if I have an ethernet cable plugged in, and can not access internet because of it.I am unsure of the exact cause, but before, the pc was able to use the ethernet cable just fine. The only...
  4. Computer won't recognize Ethernet cable anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My computer doesn't recognize me as the administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer doesn't recognize me as the administrator: I am trying to delete a folder but when I do it says "you need permission to preform this action" and "you require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder". I don't understand because this is my computer, is there anything I can do to fix this so I can...
  6. The computer doesn't recognize the microphone anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    The computer doesn't recognize the microphone anymore: Split from this thread. Greg, I'm responding to this message because I've been impressed with some of your other answers when it comes to updating drivers. I think that's at the root of the issues I'm going through. Specifically, the AT2020+ USB microphone I have...
  7. Computer doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't go to sleep: Greetings, My computer is no longer going to sleep by itself. I can force it to sleep by clicking Start > Power > Sleep, but I would like to find why sleep mode is no longer working and fix it. I ran System File Checker. It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  8. Computer won't go to sleep.

Computer won't go to sleep.: My computer used to go to sleep automatically now it won't. Does anybody know why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-go-to-sleep/1c049c40-fcf9-49d3-a1e8-53fb40b5e479
  9. My computer doesn't go to sleep

My computer doesn't go to sleep: hey guys, so i'm having a weird issue with my machine. it works great, i actually just reinstalled windows about two weeks ago but it seems the sleep doesn't work. what i mean is going to sleep after 20 minutes, turning off display, not even the screen saver works. things i...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. handbrake wont recognize me as administrator