Windows 10: Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while

Discus and support Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The following is the second occurrence of the event described.The one previous incident was 10-14 days ago. I had been using the computer on and off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gini, May 7, 2018.

1. gini Win User

Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while

The following is the second occurrence of the event described.The one previous incident was 10-14 days ago.

I had been using the computer on and off all day today until about 3 pm. I left it unused for just over and hour. As usual, the screen had shut down after 15 minutes, per the power setting, but the computer itself is set to never sleep. When I attempted to use the computer again, it did not respond to the trackball or keyboard, but the power light remained on and all peripheral USB connections lights were on. It was necessary to do a hard reboot as, just as I had to do the first time this occurred. The computer is only 7 months old and functions well except for these two strange episodes.

I would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions! My primary concern, of course, is that this will happen more and more frequently and/or that I will not be able to restart it.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

:)

gini, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while

1. Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't respond

2. Computer displays microsoft windows is not responding ... After 20 minutes of waiting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer displays microsoft windows is not responding ... After 20 minutes of waiting...: Any help would be appreciated, now it's showing a white screen. submitted by /u/beeru_is_silent [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/km5sf2/computer_displays_microsoft_windows_is_not/
  3. My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...: My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes. The monitor goes off but the computer does not go to sleep....
  4. Cursor doesn't respond after switching windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't respond after switching windows: I've had a windows 10 laptop for around 2 years now, and my cursor has just started acting up. It doesn't respond for a few seconds after I try to move it, and when in other windows such as video games, or right after switching windows, when I try to click I'm greeted with a...
  5. Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?: I have a dual monitor setup, specs are in signature, occasionally I turn the monitors off leaving the PC running. If I leave them for 30 mins or so and come back the first monitor with a HDMI connection (main screen) is green, the screen is still working in windows but...
  6. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakens from 'Sleep': Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped) When I come back to the computer I hear its working. (By the...
  7. Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC: Dear reader, So, recently I have this strange thing happening: every time my PC prompts my monitors to go to sleep and I awake them by pressing something on keyboard/mouse it wakes up both monitors standby light turns off but only my secondary monitor shows my desktop....
  8. Computer turn off while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer turn off while updating: Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down and doesn't start again. I recently bought new power supply and computer never turn off, only while its updating. I did sfc...
  9. Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display: Hello, I'm having an issue after reinstalling Windows 10. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and now I'm experiencing an issue with auto turn off display in the sleep and power options. After 10 minutes my display is set to turn off. And after 3 hours my pc is supposed to...
  10. How to lock computer after display turns off ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock computer after display turns off ?: I used to have screen-saver set as 'none' and 'on resume, display logon screen', and set the time there the same as the 'display off' option in 'power options'. And that works fine on a PC, no issues there. Now I started using a laptop, and it has different 'display off'...