Windows 10: Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while

Discus and support Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The following is the second occurrence of the event described.The one previous incident was 10-14 days ago. I had been using the computer on and off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gini, May 7, 2018.

1. gini Win User

Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while

The following is the second occurrence of the event described.The one previous incident was 10-14 days ago.

I had been using the computer on and off all day today until about 3 pm. I left it unused for just over and hour. As usual, the screen had shut down after 15 minutes, per the power setting, but the computer itself is set to never sleep. When I attempted to use the computer again, it did not respond to the trackball or keyboard, but the power light remained on and all peripheral USB connections lights were on. It was necessary to do a hard reboot as, just as I had to do the first time this occurred. The computer is only 7 months old and functions well except for these two strange episodes.

I would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions! My primary concern, of course, is that this will happen more and more frequently and/or that I will not be able to restart it.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

:)

gini, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while

1. Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't respond

2. My Lenovo powers on but doesn't display and if it displays, after a short while it freezes,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo powers on but doesn't display and if it displays, after a short while it freezes,...: My Lenovo keeps freezing after opening, sometimes it powers on but it doesn't bring display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-powers-on-but-doesnt-display-and-if-it/daf4615b-71e3-45d7-bddc-97cf00fad814
  3. My Lenovo powers on but doesn't display and if it displays, after a short while it freezes,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Lenovo powers on but doesn't display and if it displays, after a short while it freezes,...: My Lenovo keeps freezing after opening, sometimes it powers on but it doesn't bring display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-powers-on-but-doesnt-display-and-if-it/daf4615b-71e3-45d7-bddc-97cf00fad814
  4. The pc doesn't respond in window display and the taskbar doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pc doesn't respond in window display and the taskbar doesn't show up: Hello,I'm having an issue when i turn on my pc it slows down to open up it doesn't happen before but know it takes a 20-30 sec to open to the window and in the window display the task bar won't show and when i try to go to the task bar by the cursor it won't appear just the...
  5. Applications stop responding after a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications stop responding after a while: I have no idea why it happens. Some of the applications on my laptop stops working after minutes of usage, varying from 1 min to 10+ mins. These applications include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate, and games Don't Starve, This War of Mine, and perhaps more. By saying stop...
  6. Keyboard turns off and back on but doesn't respond.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard turns off and back on but doesn't respond.: I have recently bought a new PC and keyboard. My keyboard is the Apex 5 from Steelseries. When I change apps too quickly or I screenshare my whole screen, my keyboard, at least certainly the keyboard-lights, turn off for a second and then turn back on. After that the keyboard...
  7. Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?: I have a dual monitor setup, specs are in signature, occasionally I turn the monitors off leaving the PC running. If I leave them for 30 mins or so and come back the first monitor with a HDMI connection (main screen) is green, the screen is still working in windows but...
  8. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakens from 'Sleep': Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped) When I come back to the computer I hear its working. (By the...
  9. Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC: Dear reader, So, recently I have this strange thing happening: every time my PC prompts my monitors to go to sleep and I awake them by pressing something on keyboard/mouse it wakes up both monitors standby light turns off but only my secondary monitor shows my desktop....
  10. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...