Windows 10: Computer doesn't stay in hibernation

Discus and support Computer doesn't stay in hibernation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Win 10 Pro on a 990fx board. I have both sleep and hibernate enabled in the OS, but when the system is hibernated (intentionally) it boots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob Win10, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Bob Win10 Win User

Computer doesn't stay in hibernation

I'm running Win 10 Pro on a 990fx board. I have both sleep and hibernate enabled in the OS, but when the system is hibernated (intentionally) it boots up again after a short time, with the session preserved. I know the system is capable of hibernating, for when this is done in Linux

> sudo systemctl hibernate

The computer remains off until turned back on. I can hibernate the computer in Windows by turning off the switch on the power supply after it enters hibernate, and that's what I expect to do until I solve this problem. But it would be nice if someone has the insight to help me solve it.

:)

Bob Win10, Sep 9, 2018
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer doesn't stay in hibernation - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't stay

2. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade: I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down....
  3. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade: I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down....
  4. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  6. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  7. PC stays on when I put it into Hibernate

PC stays on when I put it into Hibernate: Hey all I'm having an issue with my desktop PC. I put it into hibernate but instead of turning off, it turns off my peripherals and the computer stays on. It stays on and won't let me use the keyboard/mouse to do anything, to which I then have to power it off by pressing...
  8. Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on: Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop with Windows 10. Hibernate used to work on my laptop. However, now it only turns off my screen my screen goes black and the power stays on my power button's light remains on. If I touch my touch pad or press any key, then the screen...
  9. windows doesn't go hibernate

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows doesn't go hibernate: Hi firstly sorry about my bad english. i have a problem with my windows. when i hibernate my laptop it doesn't go hibernate. screen become off and on after some seconds. i have no choice except shut down . regards....
  10. Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate

Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate: I have a Lenovo desktop that will not go into sleep or hibernate mode. When I select sleep or hibernate from the start menu the display goes to sleep but the pc continues to run. I have tried formating the hard drive and installing a new copy of the OS and have all the latest...