Windows 10: Computer doesn't work properly anymore after installing latest windows 10 update today

Discus and support Computer doesn't work properly anymore after installing latest windows 10 update today in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I checked for updates today, as I do regularly, and two popped up, one for definitions for Defender as usual, and another was a cumulative update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kdshields15, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Computer doesn't work properly anymore after installing latest windows 10 update today

I checked for updates today, as I do regularly, and two popped up, one for definitions for Defender as usual, and another was a cumulative update for 1803, don't know the specific number. Anyway, it went through the normal process, downloaded, installed and requested a restart, which I did. Except after it restarted, its now more or less non-responsive or at best, EXTREMELY delayed in responding, like 30 minutes delayed, I can't right click anything at all and my 2nd monitor is no longer projecting any images, it's just black. the mouse cursor moves and tracks around the one screen perfectly, but other than that, I can't do anything. The computer is brand new, took it out of the box probably 3 weeks ago and came with Windows 10 Home Edition installed, which I have not yet upgraded to Pro. I can't even make it shut down, it won't respond when I click the power button. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

:)

kdshields15, Sep 13, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Computer doesn't work properly anymore after installing latest windows 10 update today

WIN phone 8.1 update -> wi-fi doesn´t work

Hello!

Yesterday I installed WP 8.1 (Nokia Lumia 625). After updating my wi-fi doesn´t work anymore. The phone finds networks, but can´t connect. Where is the problem?

green-heart, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't work properly anymore after installing latest windows 10 update today

1. Computer doesn't work properly anymore after installing latest windows 10 update today - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't properly

2. Windows 10 not working properly after the latest Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not working properly after the latest Windows 11 Update: I used Windows 11 since I heard it was available and while it's buggy, its has a very pleasing UI. The latest Windows 11 Dev update was very buggy and therefore I had to revert back to Windows 10. After quite some time, reinstalling the apps I had and such, I still continued...
  3. Windows 10 not working properly after the latest Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not working properly after the latest Windows 11 Update: I used Windows 11 since I heard it was available and while it's buggy, its has a very pleasing UI. The latest Windows 11 Dev update was very buggy and therefore I had to revert back to Windows 10. After quite some time, reinstalling the apps I had and such, I still continued...
  4. Windows 10 not working properly after the latest Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update: On my Dell Inspiron laptop, my Windows 10 recently got updated to 20H2. Since then, the sleep/hibernate functionality of my laptop seems to have gone for a toss. I have the habit of unplugging my laptop and letting it go to sleep and then hibernate automatically. Sometimes, I...
  6. Bluetooth after the latest update doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth after the latest update doesn't work properly: Hi. After the latest win10 update it seems my bluetooth headset doesn't work. Sound started to "stutter". I tried everything I could think of. I re-installed the bluetooth and sound drivers for several times, uninstalled the updates, paused windows update, rolled back...
  7. PC doesn't work properly after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC doesn't work properly after installing windows 10: I just installed windows 10 server 2016 a year ago. After few months, in the booting is shows a message "Preparing automatic repair" and the computer gets shut down. Then I decided to install Windows 10 Home 2020. After few days of installing it, the taskbar and other windows...
  8. Windows 10 not working properly after the latest update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 not working properly after the latest update?: I updated my windows 10 yesterday, 31/08/2019, now my Microsoft edge deletes the email of yahoo whenever I click my email to read, and it automatically deletes the text in search bar or search engine also when I click on any app in task manager it automatically end tasks...
  9. Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates

Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates: I have installed windows 10 April update 1803. When I install the latest updates on my pc and reboot the windows get stuck at logon screen with a blank black screen. I have tried three times to reset my pc, but when I again install the updates, the same thing happened each...
  10. Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates

Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates: I have installed windows 10 April update 1803. When I install the latest updates on my pc and reboot the windows get stuck at logon screen with a blank black screen. I have tried three times to reset my pc, but when I again install the updates, the same thing happened each...