Windows 10: Computer downlaod speed is slow on 1 of 2 similar computers

Discus and support Computer downlaod speed is slow on 1 of 2 similar computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 very similar Dell Inspiron 15-3000 lap tops purchased only months apart. One of the computers Using speed test the "good" computer will get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlHuse, Feb 3, 2019.

1. AlHuse Win User

Computer downlaod speed is slow on 1 of 2 similar computers

I have 2 very similar Dell Inspiron 15-3000 lap tops purchased only months apart. One of the computers Using speed test the "good" computer will get down load speeds of ~40Mbps using Wifi and >80 with ethernet connection. Upload speeds are >10Mbps. The "bad" computer is getting down load speeds anywhere between 1 and 7 Mbps using Wifi or ethernet. Upload speeds are >10Mbps. the "bad" computer used to get speed test as good or better than the "good" computer. Both computers have the same network adapter, and the drivers updates indicate they are the latest available. I have run multiple full virus scans using Mcafee and found no issues. I have not knowingly installed any new software or applications on the "bad" computer. Is there some sort of setting that is limiting the connection bandwidth?

:)

AlHuse, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Computer downlaod speed is slow on 1 of 2 similar computers

Family Safety shows 2 computers for 1 computer

The above did nothing.

Windows update troubleshooter didn't work.

I don't need to remove a family member. I needed to remove an extra computer listed for that family member. He only has 1 computer. That ONE computer was listed twice.

The last update solved the problem for me. I have no clue what microsoft is doing. (eccept for slowing down my computer)

This is resolved.

MikeRowley57, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Computer downlaod speed is slow on 1 of 2 similar computers

1. Computer downlaod speed is slow on 1 of 2 similar computers - Similar Threads - Computer downlaod speed

2. Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed: I have a laptop connected to internet via ethernet which is able to reach approx 100-150 Mbps depending on climate which is correct for my subscription. But on apps like say chrome, opera or epic games top speeds for downloading is about 10-15 Mbps which is barely just 10% of...
  3. Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed: I have a laptop connected to internet via ethernet which is able to reach approx 100-150 Mbps depending on climate which is correct for my subscription. But on apps like say chrome, opera or epic games top speeds for downloading is about 10-15 Mbps which is barely just 10% of...
  4. 1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app: I recently bought 3 PC's with windows 11 and made Microsoft accounts for each of my kids so that they can login to any one of the 3 computers and I can track their individual usage on each computer. 2 of the 3 computers show up on the Family App with the actual computer name...
  5. 1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app: I recently bought 3 PC's with windows 11 and made Microsoft accounts for each of my kids so that they can login to any one of the 3 computers and I can track their individual usage on each computer. 2 of the 3 computers show up on the Family App with the actual computer name...
  6. Slow internet speed on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow internet speed on computer: Internet speed on my computer is slower than 2 mbps while on all other devices it is 30mbps plus - how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed-on-computer/7de02cba-a201-4cc0-a453-8e013eff9e91
  7. Slow internet speed on only on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speed on only on computer: I have Spectrum 200mbps internet here in my office. We have 3 wired Dell desktops with Windows 10 and a wireless Night Hawk router. 2 of my wired desktops are at 225mbps and one is under 10mbps. Even my wireless cellphone is coming in at around 225mbps How can I speed up my...
  8. 1 keyboard 2 computers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 keyboard 2 computers: Usage: Dual pc stream, 2 pc's, 2 keyboards, 1 connected to stream pc, and 1 "connected" to both stream and gaming pc somehow, to add a keyboard overlay on my stream with Nohboard, I need the streaming pc to be able to capture my keypresses 142681
  9. two similar computers, 1 MBR, 1 UEFI -- copy OS to EFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two similar computers, 1 MBR, 1 UEFI -- copy OS to EFI: Hi folks Have a sony VAIO and HP laptop -- almost same hardware OK newer i5 processor on HP and USB3 support but about 95% of hardware is similar. Instead of clean install on the HP machine (it's activated with digital license so no piracy involved) I'd like to clone the...
  10. 2 similar Wireless names on same computer??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 similar Wireless names on same computer??: I am not a computer nerd but need to know if this is necessary to have 2 wireless with similar names -- NetGear74 and NetGear74-5GB on my desktop. Well my desktop is HP Omen 870-119 and have the cable modem, Thomson DC475 from my internet service provider also have the...