Windows 10: computer drive is locked and cant unlock it

Discus and support computer drive is locked and cant unlock it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi recently I added a family member to my computer and wanted to make it so only the admin could access a hard drive in my computer, later I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lorenzogriffithsarevalo, Mar 24, 2021.

1. computer drive is locked and cant unlock it

Hi recently I added a family member to my computer and wanted to make it so only the admin could access a hard drive in my computer, later I wanted to get rid o this because it would not let me the main account access it either, later I found out that there was another account called administrator which I did not create and probably created itself, I would have no issue unlocking the drive if it wasn't for the screen turning black every time I try to log into the admin profile, I tried using the command prompt to do it another way but I cant access it because its on the drive that I am not allowed in. So basically I cant use admin and cant get admin back because the command prompt wont open because I don't have admin

:)

lorenzogriffithsarevalo, Mar 24, 2021
  2. kaschiro1 Win User

unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 automatically locks the unlocked BitLocker encrypted USB drive

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my issue. First of all, there is no "turn off auto bit lock", but there is "turn off auto-unlock" or "turn on auto-unlock", and my settings show "auto-unlock" is turned off. Secondly, I don't want my
    USB drive to "auto-unlock", but I do want it to stay "unlocked" after I manually unlock it. However, the problem I am having now is that when I unlock the USB drive and open a file, then after being idle for a while, Windows will automatically lock the drive,
    so I cannot save the changes I have made to the file until I unlock the drive again.

Penguin360, Mar 24, 2021
  4. computer drive is locked and cant unlock it

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

computer drive is locked and cant unlock it

1. computer drive is locked and cant unlock it - Similar Threads - computer drive locked

2. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  3. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  4. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Locked account and unlocking it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked account and unlocking it: I was wondering that if you guys can unlock my account and can you send an email to me so that i can unlock it because i didnt do anything at all but it says that i did something wrong for it to lock but please either send me an email to verify my account unlockage the...
  6. Cannot unlock my Drive which is locked by Bitlocker

Cannot unlock my Drive which is locked by Bitlocker: Dears, Could you please provide me with the Microsoft support Email to be able to find a solution with them regarding my critical problem. Thanks...
  7. screen lock unlocking

screen lock unlocking: hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me unlock a oppo a73 screen lock please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-unlocking/cebbeb6c-5f9b-41f6-b426-22b8cc497235
  8. Lock and unlock screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lock and unlock screen: What is the real purpose of locking and unlocking the screen different also metro more difficult to get around? Awesome the person before me wanted to know back grammar correction spelling tell him to go to Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant https://www.grammarly.com...
  9. Locking an Unlocked BitLocker Enabled Drive

Locking an Unlocked BitLocker Enabled Drive: Hi, I searched for an option to lock an unlocked BitLocker enabled drive but couldn't find anything. The unlocked drive is accessible by the other user when switching the user account. There should be an option to lock the drive when a user has finished. I hereby suggest...
  10. Lock or Unlock Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar: Windows - 10 -- What are the consequences of locking or unlocking the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-or-unlock-taskbar/b8e9ee84-49db-4584-aecf-7455261db846