Windows 10: Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue

Discus and support Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had an old issue where my computer would randomly skip frames because of some unknown reason, so I started to look around until I found one reddit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LunreR6, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue

I had an old issue where my computer would randomly skip frames because of some unknown reason, so I started to look around until I found one reddit post going over the problem.

Link to the Reddit Post

(Extra link just in case it doesn't work: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihwi7w/event_viewer_spam_causing_pc_stutter_events_5379/)

There was one person that commented a specific set of commands that could solve the problem, so I followed it.

"Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc/scannow

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

net start w32time

w32tm/resync

chkdsk /f /r

press y

than reboot and let scan can take some time than report back good luck"

What happened instead, is now my computer runs slower, and whenever I'm playing a game and shake my mouse or move it a bit too fast, I drop down to 30 fps. This hadn't happened before, since I did the exact same thing before I put in the commands and restarted my computer a few hours ago. The problem also goes to other stuff like Chrome and my other apps. Chrome takes a lot longer to open, close and load tabs, and some apps take forever to open. There also seems to be a delay in all of my commands, such as switching windows taking half-a-second longer, though this may just be me. The only idea that I have is that it has something to do with w32tm, but I'm not too sure, since I'm not too smart when it comes to stuff like this. I searched a whole lot about it but I couldn't find anything.

I know this is a pretty idiotic mistake on my end, but I really don't want to go as far as to get a new computer or do a hard reset/restore because I just wanted to fix a few frame skips. I just want a way to undo everything that I've done, but if a reset or restore is the only way to fix it then I'm fine with that. I'm just here to find out if there's another way to undo what I did.

submitted by /u/LunreR6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LunreR6, Nov 28, 2020

2. Computer receives random frame drops during games and normal usage

Hello.

I am in desperate need of help with solving this issue. I hope it can be fixed.

So about a few months ago after I replaced my GPU fans (don't know if that was related to the problem) I started having FPS drops. It happened every few minutes whenever I played games or just used my computer normally. At minimum, I go from 144 FPS - 80 but
    I can even have frame drops from 144 - 7. It usually isn't that severe but it made games harder to play than usual.

Here are among the things I've tried:

• Reinstalling Windows 10
    • Replacing SSD
    • Turning on ultimate performance mode (which should unpark cores if I'm correct)
    • Checked for malware and viruses
    • Reinstalled NVIDIA drivers and games
    Notes:

I also tried lowering my FPS maximum to 25 in one of the games and I still get frame drops. Just that the frames can't go much lower since there aren't many frames, to begin with.

Specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Ram: (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHZ

Motherboard: gigabyte b450 wifi pro mini itx

GPU: GTX 1070 (palit)

Storage: Kingston A2000 500gb SSD (NVME) and Seagate 1TB 2.5 HDD

sound: Realtek Audio Device & NVIDIA HD

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jellywhatwhat, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Frame drops

I have been having terrible frame drops playing fortnite on my hp omen dropping from 120 to 30 randomly, tried reseting my computer didn't work. Does any of you have the same problem or better yet a solution. Thanks!

benthe49er, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue

1. Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue - Similar Threads - Computer drops frames

2. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  3. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  4. Frame Drops after not playing for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frame Drops after not playing for a while: So basically when I play a game the first time it has massive frame drops but I always thought that was completely normal and I still think it is but if someone knows better then correct me but when i stop playing that game for a while and decide to start it up again a few...
  5. Frame drops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frame drops.: Yesterday I played Valorant, War Thunder without having an fps drop, but then at 11PM I got orange screen not bluescreen . The windows forced restart and repaired my C: disk. well my laptop is okay but when i opened games, any games, the frame drops to 10. Oh yeah, almost...
  6. Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue

Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue: I had an old issue where my computer would randomly skip frames because of some unknown reason, so I started to look around until I found one reddit post going over the problem. Link to the Reddit Post Extra link just in case it doesn't work:...
  7. Frame drops and computer turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame drops and computer turn off: My computer has been running fine until i turned it on a few days ago were i started experiencing terrible loss of frames making any game but minecraft and roblox unbearable to play. When i start up a game, it runs fine at 60 and above fps for the first 3-5 minutes, then over...
  8. Frame Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame Drops: Hi, since the last update I made (windows 10, version 1903, 6/12/2019) while I'm playing I started dropping frames in almost any game. What to do? How can I solve this? I have this build: Specifications: Motherboard: Maximus Hero XI CPU: i9-9900k GPU: RTX 2080 TI STRIX...
  9. Frame drops

Frame drops: I have been having terrible frame drops playing fortnite on my hp omen dropping from 120 to 30 randomly, tried reseting my computer didn't work. Does any of you have the same problem or better yet a solution. Thanks!...
  10. Frame drops

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Frame drops: What are the best ways to stop/prevent frame drops in games. For example I have a Asus OG Strix 4gb Radeon RX470 but in games like Overwatch whenever I jump into the action my frames start to plummet 94826