Windows 10: Computer drops off internet after a short period os idele.

Discus and support Computer drops off internet after a short period os idele. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a ThinkCentre tower with an Intel 825578DM internet card, The problem is not the internet because when my computer drops off my wife is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bob 1940, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Bob 1940 Win User

Computer drops off internet after a short period os idele.

I have a ThinkCentre tower with an Intel 825578DM internet card,

The problem is not the internet because when my computer drops off my wife is not affected and is not dropped when she is idle so I know it is not a problem up and thru the router.

I have never had the computer drop off the internet while I was actively using. It happens when the c****t reconnects automatically as normal. This started happening a week ago. I had not done any hardware or software installations.

I have been careful when I leave my computer carefully so as not to disturb and wires or connections.

Troubleshooter runs diagnostic, resets the internet card and finds the system is disconnected from the internet.

Is this likely the card or another problem?

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Bob 1940, Jan 15, 2020

2. Struggling to fix the internet access which works only for short periods.

Original title: Internet access drops intermittently

hello, I have a Dell Alienware, and I'm struggling to get internet to work. The connection to the router is successful, but the internet access works only for short periods.

The diagnostics suggested to restart the router, and I did, but didn't solve the problem.

Worth knowing that all other devices in the LAN are connected fine.

Francesco Della Vedova, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Oldgye Win User
    Dropped short cut

Once again I find myself looking for a long used short cut. Apparently Windows 10 and Bing do not like Yahoo. I downloaded 10 and was comfortable navigating around. The next day, I logged on and Yahoo was among the missing. Easy to go to Windows Edge
    and then to Yahoo, but the program will not right click to a drop down and choices of creating a short cut on the desk top. I tried Mr. Smithers fix to get Google Earth back, but yahoo is not listed in the "Apps' section. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Oldgye, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Computer drops off internet after a short period os idele.

Struggling to fix the internet access which works only for short periods.

Hi Francesco,

Before I suggest you, I would like to know the Make and model number of the Computer?

Cause: Network drivers and network configuration issues can cause these problems to occur.

Let’s try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 1: Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Press“Windows key + W” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click“Network & Internet”.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: If the above steps does not help, go to the below article and try the steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope the above information helps you, and revert to us with the update regarding the internet issue.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Computer drops off internet after a short period os idele.

1. Computer drops off internet after a short period os idele. - Similar Threads - Computer drops off

2. Internet Drops speed after a period of time. Restart Fixes it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Drops speed after a period of time. Restart Fixes it: Hi All,My Laptop losses internet speed after a period of time, Restart fixes the problem. No other item connected to the internet has this issues.My Setup isVirgin Media 1000mbps Modem Modem Only ModeEERO Mesh Wifi RouterLinksys Ethernet SplitterLaptopLenovo Legion10th Gen i5...
  3. Internet Drops speed after a period of time. Restart Fixes it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Drops speed after a period of time. Restart Fixes it: Hi All,My Laptop losses internet speed after a period of time, Restart fixes the problem. No other item connected to the internet has this issues.My Setup isVirgin Media 1000mbps Modem Modem Only ModeEERO Mesh Wifi RouterLinksys Ethernet SplitterLaptopLenovo Legion10th Gen i5...
  4. Internet Drops speed after a period of time. Restart Fixes it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The computer turns off after a period of two hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The computer turns off after a period of two hours: There is a problem that haunts me, which is that the computer shuts down after a specific period of time, which is two hours it turns off and does not even appear even the logo of turning off the computer such as a power outage from the computer suddenly, at first I thought...
  6. My working computer keeps dropping off internet

My working computer keeps dropping off internet: Hi, Would like to ask help for my working computer which has nearly whole day today for no internet connection. The error message says that there is DNS probe no internet. The helpdesk helped to clean the cache, but the problem happened again.. thus help desk asked me...
  7. People dropping off the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People dropping off the internet: I worked with the military for over 30 years with computer applications. Also some very large hospitals and they are getting certain systems in certain departments removed from the internet completely. The COVID-19 research has had a serious problem hat was resolved when...
  8. Prople dropping off the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prople dropping off the internet: I worked with the military for over 30 years with computer applications. Also some very large hospitals and they are getting certain systems in certain departments removed from the internet completely. The COVID-19 research has had a serious problem hat was resolved when...
  9. Lenovo Yoga keeps getting kicked off a new router after a short period of time.

Lenovo Yoga keeps getting kicked off a new router after a short period of time.: My Lenovo Yoga keeps getting kicked off a new wireless router after a short period of time. Our two phones and my girlfriend's Mac are working seamlessly, so I have to assume it is a Windows problem. We tried a number of fixes, but no luck so far. Cleared cache and cookies,...
  10. Internet drops out for a short time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet drops out for a short time: My problem is my internet drops out periodically. It doesn't drop out for a long time but it affects my game playing and streaming. I went through CenturyLink and they reset my connection and can't find anything so I'm trying to figure if it's on my end. I set up a different...