Windows 10: Computer errors, possible corruption

Discus and support Computer errors, possible corruption in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Need a little bit of help, can’t seem to quite figure out what’s going on with my PC For the past couple weeks whenever opening certain files I’d get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xx__cavemann, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Computer errors, possible corruption

Need a little bit of help, can’t seem to quite figure out what’s going on with my PC

For the past couple weeks whenever opening certain files I’d get an error message (can’t remember off the top of my head currently) that the file couldn’t be open .. and now recently My file explorer stopped opening. It opens but it stays black and empty and nothing pops up. I’ve tried a lot of troubleshooting methods found online and nothing works so I figured I’d factory reset the PC and it tells me there is an error with that as well and it can’t be done.

Any suggestions or recommendations? I’m not against wiping the hard drive I’d just like to get it to work.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/xx__cavemann
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xx__cavemann, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2020
  3. computer crashes/restarts

i found a really old/cheap card like $20, i plugged into my pci and computer detected new hardware, also it said windows recovered from a critical error? i asked around alittle some one suggested maybe a corrupt sector in windows and possible reformat?

moocow0463, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Computer errors, possible corruption

computer crashes/restarts

i found a really old/cheap card like $20, i plugged into my pci and computer detected new hardware, also it said windows recovered from a critical error? i asked around alittle some one suggested maybe a corrupt sector in windows and possible reformat?

moocow0463, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Computer errors, possible corruption

1. Computer errors, possible corruption - Similar Threads - Computer errors possible

2. Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.: Hello all, I noticed my computer acting strange earlier this week. I entered a Zoom call and my audio wouldn't be detected. Whilst trying to troubleshoot, I realized I was unable to access some Windows apps, notably the Settings app on my computer. So, I tried to restart the...
  3. Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.: Hello all, I noticed my computer acting strange earlier this week. I entered a Zoom call and my audio wouldn't be detected. Whilst trying to troubleshoot, I realized I was unable to access some Windows apps, notably the Settings app on my computer. So, I tried to restart the...
  4. Windows 10 possible corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 possible corruption: My pc one day just randomly failed to read the HDDI realized it was with windows because it was stuck on auto repair I didn’t care about the computer I just wanted to get the files out. So I tried plugging in the HDD to a separate computer to extract the files but the user...
  5. Possibly corrupt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possibly corrupt files: I recently tried to run an Adobe application on my Win 11 machine. I have a full version of Win 11. The app would not open so I contacted tech support and after an hour+ of troubleshooting they determined that the problem is that my system has 2 corrupt files: msvcr100.dll...
  6. Possibly corrupt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possibly corrupt files: I recently tried to run an Adobe application on my Win 11 machine. I have a full version of Win 11. The app would not open so I contacted tech support and after an hour+ of troubleshooting they determined that the problem is that my system has 2 corrupt files: msvcr100.dll...
  7. New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary: Howdy Folks! *Smile :: My new computer came with a bad motherboard *Sad which will be replaced tomorrow by a Dell technician. ~ Prior to the crash I created a Macrium verified Primary image file on an external drive. However I don't have a Macrium Rescue Disk. ~ Due to...
  8. possible registry corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    possible registry corruption: Hi, so today I installed a trial version of Vegas video editing software. I tried it out and, it wasn't what I was expecting so I immediately uninstalled it. After uninstalling it I saw all the files still in my C drive so I went and did a system restore. Unfortunately it got...
  9. Possible corruption - VPN related?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible corruption - VPN related?: Some backstory - I purchased a new laptop at the end of April. After about two or so months, it became corrupted...tiles not working, no Microsoft/Windows programs would load, and so on. I had the OS reinstalled but I was never able to find out the cause of the corruption. I...
  10. Possible Boot Loader Corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible Boot Loader Corruption: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 Desktop (or did have) with one hard drive. The primary partition is Windows 10 - 1 (C) and the scondary partiton is Windows 10 - 2 (E). I booted normally this morning and ran disk cleaning and defrag software which is normal. Earlier I...