Windows 10: Computer essentially restarts upon waking from sleep instead of resuming where i left off

Discus and support Computer essentially restarts upon waking from sleep instead of resuming where i left off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im working with a new build. Asus X570-E on the latest bios Latest video drivers for my 3080 FTW3 Ive tried googling this problem extensively but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alag28, Nov 18, 2020.

1. /u/Alag28 Win User

Computer essentially restarts upon waking from sleep instead of resuming where i left off

Im working with a new build.

Asus X570-E on the latest bios Latest video drivers for my 3080 FTW3

Ive tried googling this problem extensively but i still cant seem to get it to work. Ill put the computer to sleep fine but when i click my mouse or hit a key on my keyboard it wakes the computer but it basically restarted itself. I cant pick up where i left off.

Ive tried disabling fast startup - (it worked only ONCE as soon as i flipped it off, and the problem persisted on the 2nd sleep, 3rd sleep etc)

Disabled hybrid sleep didnt work

Im thinking its something in the bios that i should be disabling

Any ideas?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Alag28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alag28, Nov 18, 2020

2. Clicking power button to wake from sleep causes restart

Hi - I have a Dell Latitude E7470 running Windows 10. For the past few days since a recent upgrade, whenever I put the computer to sleep, and then click the power button to wake, the machine restarts instead of just waking up from where I left off. Incredibly
    annoying. This didn't used to happen before the recent upgrade. Any suggestions?

I've tried the different solutions on this site: laptop doesnt wake up after sleep, restarts instead

Thanks!

lansberger, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Veskitphd Win User
    PC restarts instead of waking from sleep

Hello,

Lately my laptop has been shutting down instead of waking from sleep mode. Whenever I put my laptop to sleep, whether through closing the laptop or through the start menu, when I wake my computer the turns on then suddenly restarts without anything appearing
    on the screen. I have restored my power settings to default and the problem still persists. How do I get my PC to wake normally.

Jason

Veskitphd, Nov 18, 2020
  4. KevinEA Win User

Computer essentially restarts upon waking from sleep instead of resuming where i left off

Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

This made no difference. Upon trying to wake the computer, it goes into BIOS. The Windows boot drive is absent in the BIOS boot order list, so I have to turn the computer off, then reboot. Upon booting, any windows that were open prior to sleep are now
    closed (i.e., it is a cold boot, not a wake from sleep).

KevinEA, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer essentially restarts upon waking from sleep instead of resuming where i left off - Similar Threads - Computer essentially restarts

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep: It's been doing this since a full system reset in March, and I can't figure out why. When it's allowed to go to sleep, on waking usually by me clicking the mouse, the keyboard lights and backlight on the screen come on, go off, come on, go off, and then I get the splash...
  5. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep: It's been doing this since a full system reset in March, and I can't figure out why. When it's allowed to go to sleep, on waking usually by me clicking the mouse, the keyboard lights and backlight on the screen come on, go off, come on, go off, and then I get the splash...
  6. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  8. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616
  9. Computer lost saved state upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer lost saved state upon waking from sleep: Rather occasionally, like around 4-5x a month, when I wake my laptop from sleep, no previously running applications will be running and the desktop is clean as if it was rebooted. There is no BSOD as well. Any ideas on how to narrow down the issue ? Cheers *Smile Edit:...
  10. System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead: I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It was working so great and it would wake up from sleep super fast too, but one day I got a BSOD and Windows couldn't start anymore. So yeah, nothing worked, couldn't fix it in any other way. I had to get it...