Windows 10: Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?

Discus and support Computer even slower after Windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (and added an SSD hard drive). Sometimes it's faster, but often it takes much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrMcSauerkraut, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?

Hello,

yesterday I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (and added an SSD hard drive). Sometimes it's faster, but often it takes much longer to load web pages or switch from one tab to another. This is annoying. What can be the reason? I have 64-bit installed. Could that be because I actually need 32-bit? My processor is "amd e-350 processor 1.6 ghz"

Thanks for all helpful answers. Computer even slower after Windows 10 update? :)

:)

MrMcSauerkraut, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?

1. Computer even slower after Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - Computer slower update

2. Computer is slower after changing from windows 11 to 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is slower after changing from windows 11 to 10 pro.: Shortly after changing back from windows 11 to windows 10 pro, everything seemed fine. Few days later, my computer becomes slower when I’m multitasking with about three applications e.g edge+VLC+PowerPoint. Sometimes it freezes when playing music with a continuous squeaky...
  3. Computer is slower after changing from windows 11 to 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is slower after changing from windows 11 to 10 pro.: Shortly after changing back from windows 11 to windows 10 pro, everything seemed fine. Few days later, my computer becomes slower when I’m multitasking with about three applications e.g edge+VLC+PowerPoint. Sometimes it freezes when playing music with a continuous squeaky...
  4. Computer is slower after changing from windows 11 to 10 pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11: I got this Dell computer back in December for Christmas, and it was working perfectly fine. After a few days of settling in it suddenly started lagging when I had different programs open, sometimes even on the desktop. My solution at the time to this was to always keep my...
  6. Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11: I got this Dell computer back in December for Christmas, and it was working perfectly fine. After a few days of settling in it suddenly started lagging when I had different programs open, sometimes even on the desktop. My solution at the time to this was to always keep my...
  7. Windows 10 slower after update

Windows 10 slower after update: In today's update my computer is pretty slow no idea why, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slower-after-update/efffd52d-8441-4ee9-acbd-971ceb2efc47
  8. Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports: After deploying Windows 10 KB4559309, which is an automatic update, some people are complaining that their PCs are taking longer to boot into desktop. The problem has been reported by users in Microsoft’s community forum and Microsoft is now finally investigating the...
  9. Laptop is slower after new windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is slower after new windows update: I'm not sure if it was the new windows update but my chrome browser and other things,for example minecraft take longer to open,and chrome stops responding to clicks and it even takes awhile to close. Does anyone know what the problem is? submitted by /u/Joseph_Foster...
  10. My computer is slower after the latest update

My computer is slower after the latest update: Hi, after the latest update my computer is a lot more slower than before. My hdd usage is at 100% and it will stay there for a couple of minutes. I keep seeing that System is causing it, but i can't understand what it means. I also saw for a brief second that Telemetry and...