Windows 10: Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

Discus and support Computer extremely slow after 1909 update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BAMMA23, Feb 13, 2020.

1. BAMMA23 Win User

Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k processor, RTX 2080 Super, 16 gigs and an SSD that Windows is currently installed on. When I fist got the computer everything was lighting fast, boot up time, shutdown, restarts etc. I did a fresh update to the most recent version of Windows 1909. After that every action is extremely slow and i mean everything, its like its all delayed. I've ran dsk chk, checked the registry etc etc... Everything looks as though it works, but like it an older computer. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. It takes forever to log in, like I'm on a windows 95 computer or something. When I shutdown the computer, the screen goes black like the computer is turning off, but it will stay on for another 2 mins before it finally turns off. I'm just kind of lost as to what to do. Its more just frustrating to spend money on a decent computer and then have it run so slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

:)

BAMMA23, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Sony_2020 Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory
    usage changed from about 50% to close to 100%. The performance resumed after I restored the system to the earlier version. Today was the 3rd time I did this and I checked the current stable version is 1903, so I guess the problem was caused by the new update
    1909. I am afraid it will become slow again after the automatic update.

Please advise if there is a way to allow me continue to use this computer.

Thanks!

Sony_2020, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Sony_2020 Win User
    Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

Thanks for your reply. The PC has an SSD and a HHD for several years. The processor is slow but it has been running well enough for my needs until recent updates.

Sony_2020, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow

DebiMurphy1, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

1. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update. - Similar Threads - Computer extremely slow

2. Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer extremely slow overnight: Hello, I dont know why, my computer became extremely slow overnight, the startup takes 5 minutes to get in the login screen instead of 10 seconds, after login I get a black screen with mouse for 10 minutes then just my screenshot without any shortcuts, by clicking on the...
  3. Computer running extremely slow after latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running extremely slow after latest update.: After I switch off last night to install update and turn on this morning, it takes forever for anything to start up and some apps don't start. submitted by /u/league_of_demacia [link] [comments]...
  4. Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update: After updating to Ver 2004 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the drivers are the latest. I use this computer to edit photos and vids and right now it's a brick. I've searched online to no...
  5. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909: I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from...
  6. Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update: After updating to Ver 1909 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the drivers are the latest. I use this computer to edit photos and vids and right now it's a brick. I've searched online to no...
  7. Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down

Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down: Hi, after the windows 10 update 1909 the shutdown is extremly slow. /dehade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1909-after-update-shutdown/0c9e04d9-d205-45a8-a069-0beb3655d97c
  8. Computer slows down after Feature update 1909

Computer slows down after Feature update 1909: Anyone have this issue where the computer slows down after installing the latest update, happened on both my computers. It especially affects the loading of grafic images....
  9. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  10. Computers extremely slow since 1607 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computers extremely slow since 1607 update: We have two identical laptops in this household and the same problem has been happening on both of them. Since the Anniversary update 1607 (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189866)), the computers have been ridiculously slow and running...