Windows 10: Computer extremely slow even when nothing is on it.

Discus and support Computer extremely slow even when nothing is on it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I recently bought a new laptop HP notebook Core i7-6500U CPU 2.5 GHz, 1TB and 8GBs of Ram. I occasionally installed Adobe Lightroom and some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anthony Leggett, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Computer extremely slow even when nothing is on it.

Hi

I recently bought a new laptop HP notebook Core i7-6500U CPU 2.5 GHz, 1TB and 8GBs of Ram.

I occasionally installed Adobe Lightroom and some antivirus software. My computer started acting up and my disk space was clocking 100% instantly when upon opening basic tasks such as the start menu and file explorer.

I then removed Adobe, as I thought that it could be quite a heavy performance program to run. I also ran a virus scan on my whole system and nothing came up. I'm extremely stressed because as a student I have assignments and due dates.

Note* My hardrive is completely empty as I store all my documents and files on my external.

Kind Regards Anthoney

:)

Anthony Leggett, Apr 5, 2020

2. computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow

DebiMurphy1, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Computer extremely slow after Unexpected_Store_Exception error

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

The error Unexpected_Store_Exception, is related to the driver corruption.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Computer extremely slow even when nothing is on it.

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Computer extremely slow even when nothing is on it.

1. Computer extremely slow even when nothing is on it. - Similar Threads - Computer extremely slow

2. Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.: As stated above, computer will completely freeze, like the computer will look completely normal, but I notice the time is no longer moving, and my mouse wont move anymore. Everything on the computer is still on, computer still running and on, but I am unable to CTRL+ATL+DEL,...
  3. Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.: As stated above, computer will completely freeze, like the computer will look completely normal, but I notice the time is no longer moving, and my mouse wont move anymore. Everything on the computer is still on, computer still running and on, but I am unable to CTRL+ATL+DEL,...
  4. Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer extremely slow overnight: Hello, I dont know why, my computer became extremely slow overnight, the startup takes 5 minutes to get in the login screen instead of 10 seconds, after login I get a black screen with mouse for 10 minutes then just my screenshot without any shortcuts, by clicking on the...
  5. Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer extremely slow overnight: Hello, I dont know why, my computer became extremely slow overnight, the startup takes 5 minutes to get in the login screen instead of 10 seconds, after login I get a black screen with mouse for 10 minutes then just my screenshot without any shortcuts, by clicking on the...
  6. Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My Computer's Startup is extremely slow

My Computer's Startup is extremely slow: Hi, so first I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not amazing with computers. My friend built mine and ever since I got it, I've been having problems like the computer running slow and the startup taking upwards of 20 to 30 minutes. I've tried everything I can think...
  8. Computer extremely slow, even after formatting hard drive

Computer extremely slow, even after formatting hard drive: I have windows 10 installed and my PC is clear of dust. It also started running slow after I updated windows ten, then when I uninstalled the update it was still running slow. My CPU runs super high and my C drive runs at 100% when running nothing but task manager....
  9. Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged: Hello everyone, I have a very interesting and weird issue. When my pc is plugged in, I get excellent download speeds and a great connection. However, when I unplug the computer, I can't even load web pages. The connection still says it is very good. Here's my system info: OS...
  10. computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow: computer running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-extremely-slow/26b8dc66-77ca-43d2-8036-74b46f9e0ec6