Windows 10: Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install

Discus and support Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed my computer running slower than usual so I decide to do a clean install of windows 10 from a USB boot. Once I booted onto the USB install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RM628, Feb 28, 2021.

1. RM628 Win User

Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install

I noticed my computer running slower than usual so I decide to do a clean install of windows 10 from a USB boot. Once I booted onto the USB install prior to starting install I did a disk clean with diskpart so a completely clean hard drive installing latest version of Windows 10

I strongly feel it is the most current windows update that messed up my computer. I cannot go back to the old version as mentioned I did a clean install from usb boot and wiped my hd prior to installing.

I'm running a Dell inspiron 15 3585. I use the laptop monitor and have two monitor outputs one with HDMI and other with a USB adapter. I have never had any issues running 3 monitors at once and everything was very fast. Now everything lags. My usage is not heavy, I run chrome browser with youtube in the background listening to music or a vid playing. There are couple more chrome windows running webpages. Then I have firefox browser on with my outlook emails. Thats pretty much it. It would run very smoothly in the past but now Its slow to load a webpage and its even slow to open file explorer and for it to open a folder. With the ram upgrade and cpu and graphics I can handle what I do with the computer just fine. I ran userbenchmark and it is way below average, at 0%.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB 29.9 GB usable
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎27
    OS build 19042.844
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I have installed all the latest drivers and bios for everything

:)

RM628, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Perform a Clean Install with a Vista Upgrade Disc | Windows Vista Tips / Tricks /Tutorials | Vista Rewired

Wile E, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

If I do a clean install of Windows 10, will it mess up the partitions I have on my 2TB drive?

MxPhenom 216, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install

1. Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Computer extremly slow

2. Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install: I have windows 11, I just bought a 4tb ssd and clean installed windows on it, but when I logged in to the computer after setup it detects all my other drives but the 1tb ssd that had the OS beforeNow, it IS detected in disk manager, but I do not want to format it and loose...
  3. Computer extremely slow, even after formatting hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer extremely slow, even after formatting hard drive: I have windows 10 installed and my PC is clear of dust. It also started running slow after I updated windows ten, then when I uninstalled the update it was still running slow. My CPU runs super high and my C drive runs at 100% when running nothing but task manager....
  4. windows 10 on a clean hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 on a clean hard drive: Failed hard drive put in new hard drive how do I get windows 10 loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-a-clean-hard-drive/da8258f3-7d2a-412f-8f4b-f2cc91b483e1
  5. Windows 10 is Extremely slow even after clean install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is Extremely slow even after clean install.: Hi there I installed windows 7 previously and I installed windows 10 which is downloaded from the Microsoft website. But even after the clean Install windows explorer is very very slow.. I format the C: drive and again installed windows 10, but nothing changed.. is there...
  6. Windows 10 clean install on a new hard drive

Windows 10 clean install on a new hard drive: I dropped my laptop which has smashed my HDD. Ordered a replacement HDD but unfortunately I do not have a back up USB. What are my options for installing windows 10 from new onto the new hard drive? Laptop sony vaio will boot up in BIOS. Any advice would be very welcome....
  7. I cleaned hard drive clean

I cleaned hard drive clean: I cleaned my ASUS X453M hard drive totally clean, i don't know how to download windows on it cause i don't have a flash drive. I tried to use that hard drive to download windows on it, and it did not worki used youtube videos i found....
  8. Cleaned hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cleaned hard drive: I have cleaned my old laptop's hard drive and Removed all data and personal files so i can sell it. Does that mean no one will be able to Log in to my accounts on other websites ?...
  9. hard drive cleaning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive cleaning: I would like to clean my hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-cleaning/05bfae9c-6174-4938-9e25-31f892008c04"
  10. Windows extremely slow during Clean Boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows extremely slow during Clean Boot.: Hi, I noticed that when I booted into clean boot to solve a issue with a game that seems to have solved itself I just wanted to do other stuff and the PC felt like worm or a snail, it was depressing to see that it took Paint 5 minutes to launch and I also noted that I got...