Windows 10: computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed

Discus and support computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed. Took SSD out of computer, printed out the bitlocker key but the drive cannot be accessed. Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RandemSystems, Nov 29, 2023.

1. computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed

computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed. Took SSD out of computer, printed out the bitlocker key but the drive cannot be accessed. Only drive that appears is a drive "A" but it is not the data and it stated that there is no file system. Looking at the partitions the data appears to be there but no drive is defined for it and no file system. Attempting to access the drive or partition does not ask for the bitlocker key. There has to be a way to recover the data. How can bitlocker not allow access? It seems that bitlocker is not functioning and has trashed the drive for it is unre

:)

RandemSystems, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Encrypted External Drive that cannot be opened.

Hi Sana,

It is a good idea to use Bitlocker to protect hard drives. Please provide the following needed information:

1. How do you try to access the drive?

2. Do you get any pop-up message when trying to access the drive?

3. Is this an external hard drive?

You can turn off Bitlocker Drive Encryption by following these steps:

• Login as Administrator to your PC.

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• From the BitLocker Drive Encryption page, find the volume on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• From the What level of decryption do you want dialog box, click either
      Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption or Decrypt the volume as needed.

Regards.

Marc Cai, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 29, 2023
  4. computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed

MCHBAR read access failed

Hi everyone,

Trying to install TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.3.8 but i keep getting...MCHBAR read access failed, any suggestions???

dondre1992, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed

1. computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed - Similar Threads - computer failed encrypted

2. computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed: computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed. Took SSD out of computer, printed out the bitlocker key but the drive cannot be accessed. Only drive that appears is a drive "A" but it is not the data and it stated that there is no file system. Looking at the...
  3. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  4. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  5. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. cannot access encrypted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access encrypted files: I got some files that I've encrypted by EFS on windows 11. After I got some issues, I have to reinstall windows 10 then I lost my access to the files that I've encrypted even I use the same Microsoft account on both system and it's on the same computer.I've tried may methods...
  7. cannot access encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot access encrypted files: I got some files that I've encrypted by EFS on windows 11. After I got some issues, I have to reinstall windows 10 then I lost my access to the files that I've encrypted even I use the same Microsoft account on both system and it's on the same computer.I've tried may methods...
  8. cannot access encrypted files

9. can't encrypt the drive access is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    can't encrypt the drive access is denied: Hi, I have created a customized image for a Dell 5420 laptop everything has installed correctly was able to login with no issues. Run updates all is going well. The only issue I have is when I login as a regular user I can't get the C: drive to encrypt it gives me the error...
  10. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive: I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key . ***Original title: Bitlocker***...