Windows 10: computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Discus and support computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm experiencing some issues with one of my drives.. not sure which. I get the event viewer id 153 error along with event id 98 I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonR188, Sep 27, 2018.

1. computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hello,

I'm experiencing some issues with one of my drives.. not sure which.

I get the event viewer id 153 error along with event id 98
    I will provide screenshots of the errors to hopefully support getting help with this problem.
    I've tried replacing my PSU as this was the culprit to my previous issues with windows failing to boot and this solved my problem for awhile.. now it's back.
    I've also tried switching ports and sata cables in hopes this would solve the problem along with CHKDSK and S.M.A.R.T. test.. all comes back clean and good health

:)

BrandonR188, Sep 27, 2018
  2. lospollos Win User

Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1) was retried" Does everyone here know what it is ?coz I dont really know about I/O operation at windows .

lospollos, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Snakeyes Win User
    Snakeyes, Sep 27, 2018
  4. computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM

Event ID 131 - MANY TIMES
    DeviceSetupManager
    Metadata staging failed

EventID 513
    CAP12
    Cryptographics services failed while processing

Several warnings too
    EventID 153
    disk
    IO operation at logical block address

EventID 219
    Kernel-PnP
    failed to load driver WudfRD

EventID 202
    DeviceSetupManager
    Says no internect connectivity but i have it

EventID 414
    TaskSchedular
    Found misconfiguaration in the NT TASK

EventID 201
    DeviceSetpupManager
    No connection to Windows MEtadata

Event ID 1000
    ISCTAgent
    NetDetect is now disabled - i am guessing this is ok cause its a computer

Event ID 11
    Wininit
    Custom dynamics libraries are ... -

Angry12345, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

1. computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98 - Similar Threads - computer failed boot

2. Error ID 98

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error ID 98: Hi, lately my pc has been acting up, specifacally freezing at random times maybe 15-20 minutes after i start up my computer, It doesnt unfreeze and i have to hard restart by using the button in my pc. I've had a look in the Event viewer and found this : Volume C:...
  3. Error ID 98

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error ID 98: Hi, lately my pc has been acting up, specifacally freezing at random times maybe 15-20 minutes after i start up my computer, It doesnt unfreeze and i have to hard restart by using the button in my pc. I've had a look in the Event viewer and found this : Volume C:...
  4. Error ID 98

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how to fix event id 153?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix event id 153?: over the last month or so my laptop has been randomly freezing and bsod, i keep getting a disk warning with event id 153 and i've check my ssd and it doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it.here is a screenshot of the warning....
  6. how to fix event id 153?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix event id 153?: over the last month or so my laptop has been randomly freezing and bsod, i keep getting a disk warning with event id 153 and i've check my ssd and it doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it.here is a screenshot of the warning....
  7. The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153: Problem: Seagate external USB-HD works fine with ExFAT, but with NTFS it will give event ID153 during copying files from HardDisk to this USB-drive. Asus P6X58D-E with i7. Windows 10 Pro N, Version 2004, Build 19041.508 Separate USB card - Delock 89363 with Renesans...
  8. About error of Event ID 98

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About error of Event ID 98: I have workstation which is installed on Windows 10 version 1607. I just found out there is <!> mark on C drive in Devices and drives windows. When I take a look at event log, there are event ID 98 error in application event logs in past two months....
  9. Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153): So I built my first gaming pc back in September 2018 and since then every couple weeks or so my pc would act up for about a week where basically it freezes for about 1 minute at a time with about 15 second intervals. Here are my specs... Ryzen 3 1200 CPU GTX 1050ti by...
  10. Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153: I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name:...