Windows 10: computer fails to boot after win 10 update.

Discus and support computer fails to boot after win 10 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1 I'm posting this from my Notebook, not the device that I'm having problems with. 2. Im a really ol'fart, so please make your answers really,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnSpear1, Apr 4, 2019.

1. computer fails to boot after win 10 update.

1 I'm posting this from my Notebook, not the device that I'm having problems with.

2. Im a really ol'fart, so please make your answers really, really simple.

3. My Desktop PC was upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10 (free)

4. My Desktop PC runs 24/7. and is set to update automatically, but to notify me if it needs to restart.

5. About a week ago, (or maybe it was 2 weels) I was notified that my PC needed to restart to finish installing updates. so I pressed "Restart".

6. It couldn't restart. I ended up at a blue screen with options to "Reatart" or "Advanced Options"

6. Reatarting brought me back to the first blue screen.

7. Going to "Advanced Options" brought me to a screen of "Advanced Options" but none of these options worked, except the "Command Prompt"

8. Luckey me! I'm an ol'fart and I still remember DOS 2.1.

I found myself in: X: Windows\system32

Exploring around there, I found nothing I could make sense of.

I explored further, and found drive C: where my windows and apps were suposed to be installed, but there was nothing there.

I found drive D: and there was my original drive D: with what looked like all my Stored data.

Okay, looks like something... I went on to drive D: which was normaly my CD drive, and Lo and behold, there was everything that should have been my C: drive!

9. Questions:

How do I change my E: drive back to C: or how do I get my PC to boot from my (now) E: drive?

Please remember, I only have access to the Command prompt.

PS. I "borrowed" a Windos 10 disc fom my son, and tried to reinstall windows, but it wouldn't install.

:)

JohnSpear1, Apr 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2019
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Apr 4, 2019
  4. computer fails to boot after win 10 update.

Problem latest windows update computer won't boot

Is it an AMD computer?

First of all, fix your computer using these steps:

The following steps outline the steps to fix Windows failing to boot and you can boot to the advanced startup options.

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/05/fix-win...

Perform the steps one by one.

If that is successful, I would provide the steps to hide the faulty update.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

computer fails to boot after win 10 update.

1. computer fails to boot after win 10 update. - Similar Threads - computer fails boot

2. Win 10 boot fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 boot fail: Win10 won't boot. Displays error oxc0000185. What is error oxc0000185? How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-boot-fail/2cdd11b6-7156-4663-8ead-4f3c2db0da69
  3. Windows 10 failed to boot after the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failed to boot after the update: my windows 10 failed to boot after the update I tried windows automatic repair, and its written "press advance options to try other options to repair your PC, or shut down to turn off your PC. Log file: " yes, the log file is empty I have tried several steps with the...
  4. Win 10 fails to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 fails to boot: The other day the PC crashed. It restarted on its own and went to the recovery screen, but nothing has worked. I've done ever imaginable step. System Restore wouldn't start. Removing the last update didn't start. I tried bootrec, but that removed Windows 10 from the "exit and...
  5. Fail to boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fail to boot after update: Hello, After installing the latest update on my PC and laptop, both of them failed to boot, it shows the blue screen saying SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. Then I contacted a live agent and the agent, the case number was 1467675304. He asked me to download a Windows 10...
  6. Win 7 Computer - Win 10 update down load Fails?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Computer - Win 10 update down load Fails?: Folks, On my Win 7 Lenovo laptop the Win 10 update download has failed three times in the last two days. a few weeks ago I removed MS Security Essentials because it was having updating problems and replaced it with Eset Node 32 A/V. I am also using Spy-Bot S/D and Malware...
  7. New computer with Win 10, getting failed updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New computer with Win 10, getting failed updates: Brand new computer with Windows 10. It did its update thing after it was set up and updated to the current build. Took a look through the Windows Updates settings and noticed that Update history only lists one successfully installed update even though previously it had listed...
  8. win 10 no longer boots after update

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 no longer boots after update: I have now had three PC's from different manufacturers, but all using different Foxconn boards with the Intel H61 chipset and UEFI bios, all upgraded from Win 7 that have failed after a Win 10 update. By failed I am saying that on trying to boot, fans start, but clearly the...
  9. Win 10 does not boot after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 does not boot after update: Hi, My PC (win 10 pro 64bit) never boots after any update. I just see a black screen with those little white dots rotating on the lower half of the screen and they do that for hours. That nonsense started with the anniversary update a month or so ago. I have to turn the PC...
  10. win 10 boot looping after update

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 boot looping after update: Upgraded to win 10 from win 7 online and there was an automatic update to win 10 a few days ago and the next time i restarted the desktop I am now stuck in a bootloop computer specs are at bottom of this post system restore does not work.... "need to specify which...