Windows 10: Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start

Discus and support Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have agreed to look at a friend of my sons computer, what I have been told is that it starts the boot process then crashes, then reboots starts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xendistar, Aug 4, 2018.

1. xendistar Win User

Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start

I have agreed to look at a friend of my sons computer, what I have been told is that it starts the boot process then crashes, then reboots starts the same loop again. The friend said they got it into recovery but it failed to recover. I cant give anything more exact than that as I have yet to see the PC yet. My understanding is that it was a Windows 7 PC which was upgraded on line to Windows10 . Apparently the kid does not have any OS disk (7 or 10) and no recovery disk of USB stick.

The first thing I want to do is boot from a linux boot disk to test the PC fundamentally works and to pull off as much of the friends data off the hard disk (assuming it is accessible) for safety (he uses the PC for college). My main concern if the issue seems to be file corruption of the necessary boot files which require either the original boot disk or a complete reinstall, what option do I have to reinstall an OS of some kind. I don't have any windows 7 discs I only have a windows 10 pro disk which I guess will not work.

I will of course try and revive the PC with the current OS installed (probably ask questions on here) but I just trying to prepare myself if the current install can not be saved.

:)

xendistar, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Mohammed AliAli Win User

Win10 System Repair Disk fails to boot

Hi,

I suggest you to perform start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment.

To get to Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment. You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB.

• If you can't start your PC, follow these instructions to get to the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

• If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB.
    • When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

• Tap or click, advanced options and then click on Startup repair.
    After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Try to refer the link, mentioned below for more information.

Windows 10 ISO file Download.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Can't boot even to BIOS, black screen, NEED HELP

Throw the computer out the window. If that fails, take out mobo, psu. Place on nonconductive surface (aka do a tabletop build). Only connect optical disk + necessities. See if she boots.

If she boots, take a belt of whiskey.

If she doesn't, two belts, repeat step 1 lol

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Bundy Win User

Computer fails to fully boot up

Does it start to boot the OS or is crashing before then? Suggest when you are checking the cables, pay special attention to GPU power.

Bundy, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start - Similar Threads - Computer fails boot

2. Where is System Disk located?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is System Disk located?: Wanting to clean PC. App is requesting System Disk. Where is it located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-is-system-disk-located/2b76f757-f47a-4e7c-b335-e340359bbcd1
  3. computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98: Hello, I'm experiencing some issues with one of my drives.. not sure which. I get the event viewer id 153 error along with event id 98 I will provide screenshots of the errors to hopefully support getting help with this problem. I've tried replacing my PSU as this was the...
  4. computer fail to boot

computer fail to boot: I get this message when my computer is switched on. 1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure. Failing Drive: SATAO Failing Attribute: #05 Have to press F1 to continue booting....
  5. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting): I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my performance of my laptop started degrading (i.e) The computer was damn slow for nearly a minute after boot and returns to normal...
  6. boot disk ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    boot disk ?: hi all is there an anti virus boot disk available for windows 10? on a laptop i am repairing that is infected, malwarebytes premium and defenender are finding them(5017 at latest count) but when i click on remove all selected , malwerebytes and defender lock up. I tried...
  7. Where is "COMPUTER"

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is "COMPUTER": Windows downloaded and installed 10 on my computer that has been 7 without permission much to my surprise. One of my programs won't run and I've been told it should. I tried to reinstall it in 10 to see if that would work but it didn't auto load like it does in 7 and I can't...
  8. Windows 10 Reset Failed - Can't Boot Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset Failed - Can't Boot Computer: So my computer has been kinda laggy and running slowly so I figured I would do a clean reset of Windows 10. It noted that it would take hours, which was fine. However about an hour into it, it said there was an error resetting. It then restarted the computer however I can't...
  9. Error: no boot disk has been detected ot the disk has failed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: no boot disk has been detected ot the disk has failed.: So, after about 2 weeks of experiencing Windows 10 I've decided to revert back to Windows 8.1, since I was more experienced at it. So I followed every step to downgrade the system, waited for about a few hours, then I noticed that when Windows restarted, it somehow went to an...
  10. Where are "Disk Defragmenter"and "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are "Disk Defragmenter"and "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 10?: I just installed the Windows 10, and can't find the above 2 programs. So, I googled "Windows 10 Defrag", but they only showed where the program is in Win 7, 8, and 8.1, not where the program is in Windows 10. Any help will be very much appreciated. 15742