Windows 10: Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start

Discus and support Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have agreed to look at a friend of my sons computer, what I have been told is that it starts the boot process then crashes, then reboots starts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xendistar, Aug 4, 2018.

1. xendistar Win User

Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start

I have agreed to look at a friend of my sons computer, what I have been told is that it starts the boot process then crashes, then reboots starts the same loop again. The friend said they got it into recovery but it failed to recover. I cant give anything more exact than that as I have yet to see the PC yet. My understanding is that it was a Windows 7 PC which was upgraded on line to Windows10 . Apparently the kid does not have any OS disk (7 or 10) and no recovery disk of USB stick.

The first thing I want to do is boot from a linux boot disk to test the PC fundamentally works and to pull off as much of the friends data off the hard disk (assuming it is accessible) for safety (he uses the PC for college). My main concern if the issue seems to be file corruption of the necessary boot files which require either the original boot disk or a complete reinstall, what option do I have to reinstall an OS of some kind. I don't have any windows 7 discs I only have a windows 10 pro disk which I guess will not work.

I will of course try and revive the PC with the current OS installed (probably ask questions on here) but I just trying to prepare myself if the current install can not be saved.

:)

xendistar, Aug 4, 2018

2. Win10 System Repair Disk fails to boot

Hi,

I suggest you to perform start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment.

To get to Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment. You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB.

• If you can't start your PC, follow these instructions to get to the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

• If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB.
    • When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

• Tap or click, advanced options and then click on Startup repair.
    After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Try to refer the link, mentioned below for more information.

Windows 10 ISO file Download.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Can't boot even to BIOS, black screen, NEED HELP

Throw the computer out the window. If that fails, take out mobo, psu. Place on nonconductive surface (aka do a tabletop build). Only connect optical disk + necessities. See if she boots.

If she boots, take a belt of whiskey.

If she doesn't, two belts, repeat step 1 lol

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Bundy Win User

Computer fails to fully boot up

Does it start to boot the OS or is crashing before then? Suggest when you are checking the cables, pay special attention to GPU power.

Bundy, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer fails to boot, no Windows disk, where to start - Similar Threads - Computer fails boot

2. Change disk from where device boots ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change disk from where device boots ?: Hi I assume my pc is using disk 1 to boot up where theres a unlicensed windows 7 version. My licensed windows 10 version in on the the C drive which is on Disk 0.But the PC will always boot with Windows 7. I gather I need to change the boot drive to Disk0? Hiw do i that ?...
  3. Change disk from where device boots ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change disk from where device boots ?: Hi I assume my pc is using disk 1 to boot up where theres a unlicensed windows 7 version. My licensed windows 10 version in on the the C drive which is on Disk 0.But the PC will always boot with Windows 7. I gather I need to change the boot drive to Disk0? Hiw do i that ?...
  4. Change disk from where device boots ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to start boot manager: I recently purchased a gigabyte G5 MD laptop, It is saying i need to insert my windows installation disc and restart my computer. It came preloaded with windows, what should I do?File: \windows\system32\winload.efistatus: 0xc0000225...
  6. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to start boot manager: I recently purchased a gigabyte G5 MD laptop, It is saying i need to insert my windows installation disc and restart my computer. It came preloaded with windows, what should I do?File: \windows\system32\winload.efistatus: 0xc0000225...
  7. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.: I have a backup plan that, aside from making regular Acronis images of the C drive, I also clone the C (Samsung 970 M.2 SSD) to D (Samsung 850 SSD). The saved images work perfectly with respect to recovering the C drive. However, I decided to test booting from the cloned D...
  9. Windows fail to boot and start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows fail to boot and start: Hello, Please help me out to fix my hp pavilion g4 issue. I dont know why after I done my earlier windows updates few days ago, my laptop become error and it failed to start / run windows. I have read in some article and youtube which is suggest to turn off the device and...
  10. computer fail to boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer fail to boot: I get this message when my computer is switched on. 1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure. Failing Drive: SATAO Failing Attribute: #05 Have to press F1 to continue booting....