Windows 10: Computer fails to boot past windows logo with dedicated graphics card installed.

Discus and support Computer fails to boot past windows logo with dedicated graphics card installed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I booted up my computer and was first brought to a blank black screen. I restarted my computer and got some weird artifacts on my screen like red dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelF1.8, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Computer fails to boot past windows logo with dedicated graphics card installed.

I booted up my computer and was first brought to a blank black screen. I restarted my computer and got some weird artifacts on my screen like red dots everywhere, then black screen again. Restarted again. Now It freezes at the windows logo. However, I can boot in to safe mode just fine. I can boot normally when I remove my dedicated graphics card and use on board graphics. I've used two different graphics cards after I thought the first might have failed. I also went in to device manager and disabled all graphics drivers, still would freeze at windows logo. I removed the card, used on board, and downloaded any windows updates, put card back in still fails at windows logo.

I checked the event viewer and I'm getting 219 event ID driver errors. I can't update my graphics drivers while in safe mode and I can't boot the computer normally with the card installed for drivers to install.

All help is appreciated! Let me know if I can provide anymore details.

Windows 10

Tried a gtx 780 and gtx 1060

:)

MichaelF1.8, Jan 6, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 6, 2019
  4. Computer fails to boot past windows logo with dedicated graphics card installed.

Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Computer fails to boot past windows logo with dedicated graphics card installed.

1. Computer fails to boot past windows logo with dedicated graphics card installed. - Similar Threads - Computer fails boot

2. Windows install fails graphics card device failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows install fails graphics card device failed: Windows 11 was coming up with a BSOD relating to the graphics card. I tried to do a reinstall, but it fails every time saying device failure on the graphics card. I pay insurance and it went off for repair. It came back saying unrepaired as requested, which is untrue. I rang...
  3. Windows install fails graphics card device failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows install fails graphics card device failed: Windows 11 was coming up with a BSOD relating to the graphics card. I tried to do a reinstall, but it fails every time saying device failure on the graphics card. I pay insurance and it went off for repair. It came back saying unrepaired as requested, which is untrue. I rang...
  4. Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem: I have Intel HD 4000 graphic card and 8gb ram running with i5 processor and my total available graphic memory is 1792MB and my dedicated video memory is 0 MB and but shared system memory is 1792MB total graphic memory...
  5. laptop will not boot past logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop will not boot past logo: I have a Dell laptop 15 5584 recently out of warranty. It will not boot past the Dell logo, also it will not go into bios or safemode. I have tried resetting by holding down the power button for 25 seconds but it will never finish resetting. Running Windows 10, SSD...
  6. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptops with a dedicated graphics card: A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a...
  7. Windows Photos Will Not Use Nvidia Dedicated Graphics Card

Windows Photos Will Not Use Nvidia Dedicated Graphics Card: Windows Photos does not allow the user to switch the GPU to a dedicated GPU on laptops, its grayed out as an option. Before you say this was addressed in another thread and there are many on this because it was never resolved, please make sure to note that NONE of those...
  8. Windows USB will not boot past the logo!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows USB will not boot past the logo!: I have been dating howls from various Microsoft tech support guys to making a USB drive you read.For some reason they think that they each know the only way to properly make a windows 10 USB... Each time they did it, they download went all night and 8 hours later. It still...
  9. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  10. Dedicated graphic card display improperly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dedicated graphic card display improperly.: I bought new PC and connect my graphic card (GTX 1060) to HDMI port of my monitor. I also connect VGA ports of monitor and motherboard. The problem is the graphic card cannot display desktop icons, applications...... The screenshot I took show 2 desktops: normal one of Intel...