Windows 10: Computer fails to boot up- does not get to the sign-in screen windows 10

Discus and support Computer fails to boot up- does not get to the sign-in screen windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ho joy at boot-up - fails to get to sign up screen, Goes to automatic repair and then gives up. Problem occurred when a windows up date was interrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BluedogMutt, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Computer fails to boot up- does not get to the sign-in screen windows 10

Ho joy at boot-up - fails to get to sign up screen, Goes to automatic repair and then gives up. Problem occurred when a windows up date was interrupted by an inadvertent powering off of the computer. windows 10

:)

BluedogMutt, Mar 28, 2020

2. fail to sign in Microsoft account to connect windows 10 instead of local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Step 1: Try Disconnecting from the Internet

• If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.

• If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.

Step 2

Try to sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the account.microsoft.com page.

If the sign-in is unsuccessful, then try to reset the password and check.

If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Computer fails to boot up- does not get to the sign-in screen windows 10

Computer won't boot and hdd has failed? Error 2000-0142?

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• What exactly happens when you connect USB to the system? Is it getting detected or not?
    If your PC does not detect the media automatically then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the
        BIOS Setup.

• Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled
        Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.

• Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
        Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.

• Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select
        yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    Warning:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure
      to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
    And also I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the step given by Linney (MVP) and check if it helps.

windows 10 upgrade failed, no bootable device

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Computer fails to boot up- does not get to the sign-in screen windows 10

1. Computer fails to boot up- does not get to the sign-in screen windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer fails boot

2. Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...: Every time I boot up Windows 11 Pro, I get the "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" error and I have to restart my laptop. After the restart it works fine and I can log in with my work account.If I start the laptop from sleep or hibernate, it also works fine...
  3. Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...: Every time I boot up Windows 11 Pro, I get the "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" error and I have to restart my laptop. After the restart it works fine and I can log in with my work account.If I start the laptop from sleep or hibernate, it also works fine...
  4. Computer not booting up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not booting up Black Screen: How do I download a boot disk to USB ?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-booting-up-black-screen/49411470-d6d0-4f39-9d6b-60e0b11414d4
  5. Computer doesn’t boot to Windows 10, always gets stuck on this screen. It does post to bios...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer doesn’t boot to Windows 10, always gets stuck on this screen. It does post to bios...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheGreenFreak_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2ef6w/computer_doesnt_boot_to_windows_10_always_gets/
  6. Windows 10: Failing to boot up, reaches black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Failing to boot up, reaches black screen with cursor: On my first time logging into Windows yesterday, I could tell there were issues with my PC. Google chrome uninstalled itself, discord failed to update after loading. Both programs failed to uninstall when attempted on ccleaner. I chose then to restart my computer massive...
  7. Computer starts but does not boot up?

Computer starts but does not boot up?: Hello every time I switch my computer on it goes on but the keyboard and mouse do not go on additionally the pc does not start up I always have to switch it off and then on again so that it starts up. I have been using this pc for almost 1 year and have also installed current...
  8. Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10

Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10: I have an older Lenovo Yoga 2 11 with windows 10. I have been on the Windows Insider update program for some time. Several months ago, after an insider update, and i'm not sure which number update it is, I got a "Windows Boot Manager boot failed" message when I turned the...
  9. Computer does not boot up

Computer does not boot up: I had a hp 8460p laptop with specs as follows: 1) intel core i5 2nd gen ( i5-2520M) 2) 4gb ram stock( DDR3) 3) intel hd graphics 3000 (no dedicated graphics card) I had windows 7 64 bit which came preinstalled..... after few years, when the free upgrade to windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 will not boot to sign in screen

Windows 10 will not boot to sign in screen: So we had a huge lightening storm and my computer was logged off but power was still on. next morning it would boot up to the initial welcome window but offered no way to sign in. This means i did not have access to any funnctions accpet to power back off. its an older...