Windows 10: Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD

Discus and support Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve purchased a new HP laptop running Windows 10. My problem is that I cannot install media for the wireless printer. I tried to run the setup .exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terry Mericle, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD

I’ve purchased a new HP laptop running Windows 10. My problem is that I cannot install media for the wireless printer. I tried to run the setup .exe program from the original CD but received a message that I should get the permission from the administrator. Then I tried to download the driver from the HP website but received a message that my laptop is not connected to the network

:)

Terry Mericle, Feb 3, 2019
  2. JFisk108 Win User

Windows 10 Won't Allow Printer Installation DVD to run .exe

Hello,

I have a new laptop running Windows 10 and I was attempting to install my wireless printer. The wireless installation kept failing so I decided to run the setup .exe program from the original CD that came with the printer. I keep receiving a message saying
    it will not allow it to run an .exe program and that I should obtain permission from the administrator. I checked and my name is listed as administrator (there is only one account set up on the computer). I also attempted to download the driver from the HP
    website and went through the installation but I received a message saying my computer is not connected to the network, even though it is. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

JFisk108, Feb 3, 2019
  3. How do I install a new programme with a CD on W10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the files and folders from external hard drive, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which are the programs you are trying to install from CD?
    • Are you facing any issues in installing the program?

If you are referring to installing a program from CD, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Insert the CD into the computer and check if it is detected on File Explorer
      by pressing Windows + E keys.
    • Double click on the drive with the CD, search for the program, right click on the Setup file
      and execute the program.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD

Install CD RECORDER GP 50 - Windows 10

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the PC?

I suggest you to go through the Hardware Installation section in the
    Owner’s Manual
    to know to install the CD recorder. If the drive is not recognized by Windows after installing, try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD

1. Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD - Similar Threads - Computer fails install

2. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Record original music on flash drive from CD.: I am a musician with original songs on a SD disc than I put these songs in media player and recorded them on CD, my question is why will media player not let me record the songs from the CD onto a Flash drive help me if you can. These are not for resale but audition tools for...
  3. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record original music on flash drive from CD.: I am a musician with original songs on a SD disc than I put these songs in media player and recorded them on CD, my question is why will media player not let me record the songs from the CD onto a Flash drive help me if you can. These are not for resale but audition tools for...
  4. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Sims CD game will not run on windows 11. My CD is the original from 2000 no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Sims CD game will not run on windows 11. My CD is the original from 2000 no...: I have seen other versions of The Sims running on windows 10 or 11 but they are not the original disk I have, instead they are bundle expansion packs that came out months or years after the original release. I Have a nice laptop with windows 11 so I figured I would buy...
  6. Cannot install program from CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install program from CD: I cannot install a program from my CD. I have this issue with two programs that worked before. I had a hard drive that failed and now reinstalling programs. What is the problem? I have search the internet and tried dome of the other suggestions. Seems to be a new issue as I...
  7. Where is the CD program on this computer???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is the CD program on this computer???: Where is the CD program on this computer??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-cd-program-on-this-computer/dec5cee5-36b7-497f-9998-4f409707434f
  8. origin setup error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    origin setup error: hi I been having this problem with origin setup it says the code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem the code execution cannot proceed because vcruntime140.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may...
  9. CD-ROM program installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-ROM program installation: I retained a copy of Office Home and Student 2010, and need it in order to read my saved items on a flashdrive. The CD-ROM spins when I try to install, but nothing appears on the screen. What are my options? I have a product key....
  10. Computer not booting from CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer not booting from CD: As the title sugest, I am having problems booting from a CD I have already set it as a priority in the BIOS as well as setting legacy first It shows the "press any key to boot from cd" but when I do that the windows icon apears, it loads shortly and it never shows the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install of proram from disk fails