Windows 10: Computer failure after recent updates installed

Discus and support Computer failure after recent updates installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have 2 acer laptops that crashed after the latest updates were installed. Did I read right that any older computer or computers that are not on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JerryRein, Aug 22, 2019.

1. JerryRein Win User

Computer failure after recent updates installed

Have 2 acer laptops that crashed after the latest updates were installed. Did I read right that any older computer or computers that are not on a specific last will not function properly?

One of the fixes is to revert to a previous version of windows., Doesn't make sense that a large number of machines have been made obsolete with these updates.

:)

JerryRein, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Aug 22, 2019
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Computer failure after recent updates installed

Computer permanently displays "Failure configuring Windows updates...."

Hi Kevan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you recently made any changes on your computer, prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which Windows Updates have been failed recently?
    As of now, I suggest you to refer the link below and check if that helps:

Error: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer when you try to install Windows Updates

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

(Applies to Windows 10)

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Computer failure after recent updates installed

1. Computer failure after recent updates installed - Similar Threads - Computer failure recent

2. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update: I was prompted to download and install the new Windows 11, version 22H2 and now my computer appears to be unusable.It took more than 3 hours of updating before giving me a blue screen with two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off the PC. None of the default repair options do...
  3. Recent Update Failures - System critical

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Update Failures - System critical: Hi, could someone from Microsoft please contact me by email at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** asap. Relating to security updates and system upgrade from yesterday, am using desktop W10 on a stable pc, and my last successful update was 10th Dec - KB4592438....
  4. Installation and update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation and update failure: I download the program and 107Gb of data OK. Then I start the program and it starts the big free update and crashes halfway through on the same place every time. First question - Do I need a good graphics card just to download these things? I hoped to install it all with my...
  5. Computer will not boot after most recent update

Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...
  6. Computer hangs after recent update

Computer hangs after recent update: Since a recent update of W10 I have noticed that my computer hangs. Activating Task Manager seems to get the laptop working again but it keeps doing it. Also I have noticed that right click type windows keep opening randomly all the time. I have tried a complete reset but...
  7. Startup Failure – We removed some recently installed updates

in Windows 10 News
    Startup Failure – We removed some recently installed updates: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows computer update section displays a message after you sign-in— We removed some recently installed updates to recover your device from a startup failure, then its because your Windows 10 device has recently recovered from a startup failure....
  8. File Explorer recent failure after updates to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer recent failure after updates to Windows 10: Since a recent update use of File Explorer has become almost impossible - this is normally met with the words 'File Explorer is not responding'. This can occur when taking almost any action e.g. When highlighting even two files to copy them to USB. When trying to launch...
  9. After a recent update, my computer won't start

After a recent update, my computer won't start: When I updated my laptop, it would constantly restart itself. I eventually had to reset my laptop. I was able to keep most of my files, but had to reinstall my programs. While on my desktop, my screen suddenly started bugging out. My YouTube video became very slow and laggy...
  10. Recent update failure

Recent update failure: Ever since July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) was installed the computer has been very slow to respond EVERYTHING is slower Programs fail to respond videos quit loading mid way thru VERY FRUSTRATING...