Windows 10: computer falls asleep

Discus and support computer falls asleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FixNeededMSoft, Mar 19, 2019.

1. computer falls asleep

OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times.

AND THERE ARE HUNDREDS.....THOUSANDS of worthless Microsoft answers telling people how to fix this that are worthless, inaccurate and quite frankly pathetic. SO THIS IS GOING ON WITH MY LAPTOP AND ANYONE WITH A REAL SOLUTION PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HELP AND ALSO YOU WILL BE HELPING TENS OF THOUSANDS OF USERS WHO ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.....FOR SOME MAKING THEIR COMPUTER REALLY NOT USABLE IN A MEANINGFUL FASHION. Anyone with a real solution ???????

:)

FixNeededMSoft, Mar 19, 2019

2. Computer falling asleep

Everytime i log onto my compuyer (windows 10 desktop) it shows the desktop background, loads up the files, then falls asleep. This is really annoying beciase i have been having another issue for a few months that makes it so i have to turn off my computer
    and turn it back on whenever it falls asleep. How do i make it stop falling asleep manually?

drew-saladifier, Mar 19, 2019
  3. HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep

I have a new HP Envy with windows 10, computer has started to randomly fall asleep, I have changed the setting I can find, but that has not helped

MichaelTrausch, Mar 19, 2019
  4. campbese Win User

computer falls asleep

Laptop falling asleep while listening to music, podcasts, etc.

Hello,

A few weeks ago, my laptop started falling asleep in the middle of me listening to music, podcasts, etc. It never used to do this. I have the time set to turn off the screen after a minute, and then a minute after to fall asleep. Before this started being an issue, it would not fall asleep if an audio stream was in use, but now if I am on battery power, it will. This morning when my laptop was plugged in, I set the time to turn off the screen and fall asleep to a minute for when it is plugged in, and it wouldn't fall asleep while I was listening to music, so this seems to only be an issue when I'm running off of battery power.

Thanks for any help!

campbese, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

computer falls asleep

1. computer falls asleep - Similar Threads - computer falls asleep

2. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  3. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  4. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  5. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  6. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth Keeps "Falling Asleep" Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Keeps "Falling Asleep" Windows 10 PC: Just this week, my Bluetooth has started turning off after I leave my computer idle for a while. The Bluetooth icon disappears from the Notification Center, and all the Bluetooth devices disappear from the Device Manager except for the Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter,...
  8. Monitor falling asleep while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor falling asleep while playing games: I know exactly what caused the issue and it occurs for only one program that engages my dgpu. Other games and applications don't do this. It only started when I manually added the program in question to the list of customizable programs on nvidia control panel. The game is...
  9. Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep: Hi, I am using my home PC (Win 10) to connect to my headless Server (Win 2016) via Remote Desktop. If my home PC goes to sleep then my Remote Desktop session pauses and then resumes once my home PC wakes up. This is quite annoying especially if something is running on the...
  10. Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.: So, it's set to NEVER sleep (unless I tell it to), but persistently falls asleep randomly - sometimes it will run for hours, other times it will sleep if you turn your back on it for 5 minutes. It gets rather annoying after a very short time. Any ideas? Thanks. ....