Windows 10: Computer falls to black screen

Discus and support Computer falls to black screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; derlands Computer falls on My computer has been falling on black screen since last Wednesday. This started on that day after 6 o'clock and no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bjornvan Dijk, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Computer falls to black screen

derlands
    Computer falls on
    My computer has been falling on black screen since last Wednesday. This started on that day after 6 o'clock and no longer responded to the on / off button or the reset button. I had to turn off the computer with the power switch on the power supply.
    This happened again on Thursday, but after 5 o'clock. The rest then the same as Wednesday.
    This happened already after 2.5 hours on Friday. I started to get the idea that I was suffering from malicious software.
    I started adwarecleaner and it indicated to have found something reasonable. The program asked to restart. After ok, the computer started up, but on a black screen.
    The powerswitch was turned on and off again and it started normally. Anti Malwarebytes started and cleaned up what they liked.
    Then I wanted to do an offline virus scan and he did it perfectly. Until the end that he had to restart and again black screen.
    Yesterday I wanted to search the internet for the cause of this and pricy error. Found out that I had a proxy virus.
    I found the way to remove it. I started my computer in safe mode and let all antivirus, malware, software programs go their way and that went well. Then I wanted to take the necessary steps to remove the proxy virus. My computer was black screen once again.
    I do not know what causes my computer to jump on a black screen.
    I am currently hesitant to reset Windows to factory settings or reinstall Windows, as it always jumps on black screen and nines more dredged.
    A friend of mine said that the loss of food might lie, but in my opinion that is not possible after those times of being on.
    I have also watched my CPU temperature with coretemp since it has been above 30 degrees from Wednesday to Saturday, I first thought that my computer could not handle the heat.
    It is a GamePC. With 4 1TB HDDs 1SSD, 4GB video card, sound card. 28GB of RAM.
    Before I go buy hardware and it is not, I wanted to ask you if you have any idea what this could be?

I also know that without having the PC and having done a test it is very difficult to figure out what it is. But if you have any suggestions that I have not thought of or things I could try to rule out, I would really appreciate that.

I honestly don't know ïf i'm in the right topic. I couldn't find something netter fitting my problem.

:)

Bjornvan Dijk, Jul 30, 2018

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 30, 2018
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Computer falls to black screen

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Computer falls to black screen

1. Computer falls to black screen - Similar Threads - Computer falls black

2. computer is on, but black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is on, but black screen: so everytime I turn on my computer my screen is black, but I discovered that if I shine light onto the screen I can see the screen but very faintly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-on-but-black-screen/c42c46bc-4f93-420e-ab2e-5c65b20cd647
  3. computer is on, but black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is on, but black screen: so everytime I turn on my computer my screen is black, but I discovered that if I shine light onto the screen I can see the screen but very faintly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-on-but-black-screen/c42c46bc-4f93-420e-ab2e-5c65b20cd647
  4. Computer black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer black screen: My computer isn't turning on, I wanted to restart it since edge wasn't loading, and I thought it was a simple problem, but then this bios thing popped up, installing smth, and now it won't turn on...
  5. Computer black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer black screen: My computer isn't turning on, I wanted to restart it since edge wasn't loading, and I thought it was a simple problem, but then this bios thing popped up, installing smth, and now it won't turn on...
  6. Computer black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black Screen but Computer On

Black Screen but Computer On: Hi guys,I left my laptop on for a while as I had to do something and when I came back the power was on, the fan was running, and the keyboard backlight was on, but the screen was black. I tried moving the mouse and pressing keys but it didn't wake. I also tried Ctrl Alt...
  8. Computer black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer black screen: When i start my computer i can put in the password and everything, but then it turns to a blackscreen and i can see my curser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-black-screen/ad6b46e6-2a1f-45a1-8d0a-3f2702652153
  9. black screen on computer

black screen on computer: power on, internet connected. Black screen on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-computer/3a1b7c7c-aebc-4c57-9687-f0b2b4bdca8c
  10. computer falls asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...