Windows 10: Computer fans spin but black screen

Discus and support Computer fans spin but black screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Makayla Paxton, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Computer fans spin but black screen

my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up

:)

Makayla Paxton, Aug 6, 2022

2. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Nobobby Win User

Computer fans spin but black screen

Black Screen solveed definitively

I have this same issue. Windows 10 was installed and was working fine on my laptop and then one day, black screen without a cursor or anything. I can only power the unit off and on, but with nothing other than a black screen I can't do anything. Tried the "ctrl-password" step but nothing. Nothing on the keyboard has any effect, I can only do a hard power off/on.

The only thing I can think of, all had been working fine when my battery died. My laptop automatically shut down and went to blank (not black) screen. I plugged it in for a while to charge but ever since then, I can power on, I hear the harddrive spin and the fan comes on, but I never get anything other than a black screen. Did your problem start after a power issue?

Nobobby, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Computer fans spin but black screen

1. Computer fans spin but black screen - Similar Threads - Computer fans spin

2. No post, No beep, Fans spin on computer [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    No post, No beep, Fans spin on computer [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will show you what you can do if there is no post, no beep, but fans spin on a computer. According to the reports, when a user turns on his computer, the screen remains black but fans keep spinning. Also, there is no beep sound from the motherboard....
  3. Black Screen, whirling fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen, whirling fans: I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan...
  4. Black Screen, whirling fans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen, whirling fans: I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan...
  5. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  6. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  7. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....
  8. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  9. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud: Hi folks, Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank and the fans will start spinning very loud and fast as if on full power. It first happened while in the menu of the...
  10. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...