Windows 10: Computer fans turn on but computer won't start

Discus and support Computer fans turn on but computer won't start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got done building this PC for my sister and I can't get the Computer to turn on. When I hit the power button only the fans and cooling block for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jordanshay1, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Computer fans turn on but computer won't start

I just got done building this PC for my sister and I can't get the Computer to turn on. When I hit the power button only the fans and cooling block for the radiator turn on.

RAM cards are working and placed properly.

Didn't see any dented cpu pins.

Reset CMOS three times.

Plugged PSU into multiple different outlets.

I haven't tested the PSU yet, planning on plugging in the 400W PSU from my computer into the motherboard of this one. it currently has a 600W from the same brand

What else should I look at?

:)

jordanshay1, Jan 1, 2021

2. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Jan 1, 2021
  3. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Computer fans turn on but computer won't start

Computer won't start up at all

I built my first computer yesterday. I did a lot of research into building my own PC before I purchased anything and I had some guidance from someone more knowledgeable than me.

The computer was working fine yesterday, but I mistakenly put on Windows 7 32bit OS instead of 64bit so this morning I decided to reinstall the correct OS. It almost got to the end of the install when the computer switched off. Since then it hasn't worked - The machine wont turn on at all other than a green led on the motherboard .

I opened it up and unplugged and replugged in everything in case something was loose. I saw a similar topic on this forum and attempted some of the suggestions on there too.

Note: when I turn the power off and on at the wall and then try to start up the machine the processor fan spins once and a small red light on the motherboard flashs on once, though the manual doesn't indicate what that means.

The Specs are:

Coolermaster GX 750W PSU
    Asus M5A97 PRO 970 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3 6MB L3 Cache Cache 125W [w/ heat sink unit]
    8GB GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Peacekeeper, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Computer fans turn on but computer won't start

1. Computer fans turn on but computer won't start - Similar Threads - Computer fans turn

2. my fan is turning off with the computer on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my fan is turning off with the computer on: Help, i don´t know what else can i do.I turn my computer on, and he start loading the software and i listen the fan working normal, but after awhile it decrease the rev...
  3. my fan is turning off with the computer on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my fan is turning off with the computer on: Help, i don´t know what else can i do.I turn my computer on, and he start loading the software and i listen the fan working normal, but after awhile it decrease the rev...
  4. Computer won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't turn on: tried to boot my pc TOSHIBA C855-1GR from usb but it just kept rebooting on and off with just only a black screen for while and couldn't turn on any more, I tried to fix it by unplugging the usb and tried to turn it on again but it won't work...
  5. Computer won't turn on

Computer won't turn on: tried to boot my pc TOSHIBA C855-1GR from usb but it just kept rebooting on and off with just only a black screen for while and couldn't turn on any more, I tried to fix it by unplugging the usb and tried to turn it on again but it won't work...
  6. Computer won't start

Computer won't start: Hi, my dad wanted to watch a movie so he opened a movie and his computer just froze and then my dad turned off the computer by going to start menu and shutting it down I don't know how he did that, I thought his computer froze but okay. After that he got blue screen when...
  7. Computer won't turn on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer won't turn on: can't remember password from set up year ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-turn-on/1c3dc5e1-c729-40da-8cdb-5ec626da3feb
  8. Computer won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't start: All of a sudden my computer froze and turned off. Now everytime i turn it on im welcomed with a lenovo logo with spinning circles underneath it, then switching to the lenovo logo again with preaprint automatic repair then going into a blank black screen. Ive tried using the...
  9. Computer won't turn on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't turn on: I was downloading something on my manufacturer's website and I went to download updates for my computer's hard drives and when it was downloading the update it told me not to turn off my computer and I did by accident and I tried to turn my computer back on but it does not...
  10. Computer won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't start: HI My new Dell all in one Computer froze. I set a restore point right out of the box and I also made a system image usb as I have had problems before. I tried system restore ,did not work, tried booting from the usb don't really know how, tried just about all the options in...