Windows 10: computer files and folders.

Discus and support computer files and folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since i got OneDrive i cant make new folders and stuff like that in my existing folders on my desktop, how do i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LinusMagnusson Allansson, Dec 31, 2018.

1. computer files and folders.

Since i got OneDrive i cant make new folders and stuff like that in my existing folders on my desktop, how do i fix this?

:)

LinusMagnusson Allansson, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile computer files and folders. :)

Frogger, Jan 10, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jan 10, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

computer files and folders.

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

computer files and folders.

1. computer files and folders. - Similar Threads - computer files folders

2. Folders And Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders And Files: Hello On Windows 10 How Do You Change Every File And Folder On My Computer From Details To Large Icons ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-and-files/69b67091-7688-491f-b066-c15d9c505f25
  3. Files and folder's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folder's: Hi there,I am an editor and a few days back when I was rendering a video I suddenly wifi disconnected, I thought that it was just a normal problem but after rendering the video the wifi option was missing from the panel. Then I searched a bit and the wifi driver was missing...
  4. Computer folders/files do not show font

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer folders/files do not show font: Hello Microsoft Community,I have a HP Pavillion computer and from the 'Systems' window under 'Settings' the Windows specifications shows that I have Windows 10 Home 2004 system.Today, I opened my computer and I had the following missing;i] In 'File Explorer', when opening,...
  5. Computer folders/files do not show font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer folders/files do not show font: Hello Microsoft Community,I have a HP Pavillion computer and from the 'Systems' window under 'Settings' the Windows specifications shows that I have Windows 10 Home 2004 system.Today, I opened my computer and I had the following missing;i] In 'File Explorer', when opening,...
  6. Computer folders/files do not show font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Folder Files / Folders

File Folder Files / Folders: Hi, I've noticed for quit a while that when I select properties of a number of folders. The total folders is correct but the files isn't correct. Especially when I know there's nothing in those folders. I've included a screenshot of a music folder and its supposed properties....
  8. FILES AND FOLDER

FILES AND FOLDER: GOPAL KHAIRWAR INDIA DT: 5.7.2020 Sirs I am not able to open word files the folders not responding it goes off and desktop comes again. help me solve it. Thank u. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folder/bdc62583-b6cd-424f-95bd-82b3c677f48b
  9. folders and files

folders and files: hi all, when I click on a file, for instance, in Email, it opens a new window with the file, that's fine, but it then changes straight to the newly open window.I know there's a setting somewhere that switches it off, so it just opens the file, but leaves you on the original...
  10. Sharing files and folders not working on one computer

Sharing files and folders not working on one computer: I have two desktops, one 32 bit connected by wifi and a 64 bit Windows 10 pro by ethernet. I can connect to shared folders from the 64 bit computer to 32 bit but not the other way round. The error I receive on the 32 bit computer is network path not found when I click on...