Windows 10: Computer Flicker

Discus and support Computer Flicker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is flickering constantly for the last month. It happens on any screen, and seems to get worse if I shift my weight or adjust the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Catjcusick, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Computer Flicker

My computer is flickering constantly for the last month. It happens on any screen, and seems to get worse if I shift my weight or adjust the screen itself - sometimes showing colored boxes or negative colors. I am unaware if this is software based or mechanical, though the fact that it gets worse based on movement has me leaning towards mechanical. I can't find any advice on this particular problem on the internet, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to fix it?

:)

Catjcusick, Jan 8, 2019

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 8, 2019
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

4. Arjay Dom Win User

Computer Flicker

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Computer Flicker

1. Computer Flicker - Similar Threads - Computer Flicker

2. Does anyone make zero-flicker computer monitors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Does anyone make zero-flicker computer monitors?: Are any of the low-flicker monitors completely flicker free, not just low enough flicker to meet some low-flicker certification? Ideally I’m looking for something completely flicker-free like the LG EVO OLED TVs, but smaller. I do not know all the terminology but some things...
  3. Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update: Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update. Sometimes it is blurry and sometimes it is black. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-is-flickering-after-the-windows/70eb763f-c388-4175-b361-d017c3abc41c
  4. Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update: Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update. Sometimes it is blurry and sometimes it is black. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-is-flickering-after-the-windows/70eb763f-c388-4175-b361-d017c3abc41c
  5. Computer flickers is this a device issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer flickers is this a device issue?: My computer screen split and then was blinking terribly. I did delete the device driver, but honestly have no ideal what I am doing. I have a Samsung computer with Windows 11. IF that doesn't fix the issue what kind of repair service am I looking for. Everything shows up to...
  6. Computer flickers is this a device issue?

Computer flickers is this a device issue?: My computer screen split and then was blinking terribly. I did delete the device driver, but honestly have no ideal what I am doing. I have a Samsung computer with Windows 11. IF that doesn't fix the issue what kind of repair service am I looking for. Everything shows up to...
  7. Computer flickers to black screen then blue screens when launching games

Computer flickers to black screen then blue screens when launching games: When I launch majority of games on my computer, the game launches for a second or two before both of my monitors turn black and flash on and off briefly showing my desktop before my computer eventually blue screens after a few minutes. I have tried installing new graphics...
  8. Computer flickers to black screen then blue screens when launching games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer flickers to black screen then blue screens when launching games: When I launch majority of games on my computer, the game launches for a second or two before both of my monitors turn black and flash on and off briefly showing my desktop before my computer eventually blue screens after a few minutes. I have tried installing new graphics...
  9. Computer flickers to black screen then blue screens when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My computer windows 10 shows a black screen with some flickering everytime I turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer windows 10 shows a black screen with some flickering everytime I turn it on: I wanted to reset my computer because it started flickering and I couldn't fix the issue and after that it just shows a black screen with some flickering on it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4537572 flickering