Windows 10: Computer Focus Problems

Discus and support Computer Focus Problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. So I'm currently having a mess of troubles with my computer but the first and biggest is the fact that rather frequently my computer is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wiscy, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Wiscy Win User

Computer Focus Problems

Hello. So I'm currently having a mess of troubles with my computer but the first and biggest is the fact that rather frequently my computer is not registering clicks from my mouse on anything but whatever I had focus on when the issue occurs.

Meaning, I will have discord up and as I have a dual screen I'll move my mouse over to change the video I'm watching in youtube or to quick look up something and for some reason my computer won't register that I am clicking on the other application/window/anywhere that isn't discord. It's the same with the reverse where I will be in my internet browser and I want to respond to someone on discord or change songs on iTunes and it won't register that I'm clicking on the other applications. Alt+Tab doesn't work as it'll just go straight back to focusing on the initial application and I can't even click onto the taskbar. My mouse is moving on the screen and any videos that are playing will keep playing, it's just not letting me click.

I've tried restarting to a restore point from before the error started occurring, running a virus scan, uninstalling and reinstalling chrome, uninstalling anything downloaded since the error occurred, updating my video driver, restarting my computer, and messing with the Focus Assist. Nothing seems to be working. The only bandage fix I have right now is hitting ctrl+alt+del and hitting cancel when it asks me what I want to do. After that I can start using all the applications open on my display again... for about 2-3 minutes before it all happens over. It's starting to get a little frustrating.

Video Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX

Please assist if you can.

:)

Wiscy, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Mar 25, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Computer Focus Problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Computer Focus Problems

1. Computer Focus Problems - Similar Threads - Computer Focus Problems

2. Problems with Windows 11 focusing and refocusing on irrelevant windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows 11 focusing and refocusing on irrelevant windows: I have a Windows 11 system that is running rather well. But I have this strange issue where Windows 11 may randomly make windows that are not focused/are minimized come back into focus without me doing anything. I have done a malware scan and have not come up with any...
  3. Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem: Hello everybody, i have this problem with Windows 11 since the windows was avaliable and i updated my license from Windows 10 to 11, i use the default windows calculator and the way i normally open it is by pressing the Windows Key and type ''calc'' on the search bar from...
  4. Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem

Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem: Hello everybody, i have this problem with Windows 11 since the windows was avaliable and i updated my license from Windows 10 to 11, i use the default windows calculator and the way i normally open it is by pressing the Windows Key and type ''calc'' on the search bar from...
  5. focus assist problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    focus assist problem: i have several times turned it off but it automatically switches to alarm only mode what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist-problem/b7dc6188-c3dc-4c9b-bb83-104a88f4f4a9
  6. Screen Focus Problem on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Focus Problem on Toshiba Laptop: Tishiba laptop, W10Pro The screen on my laptop is very hard to see as focusing seems to be the problem. When watching a YouTube video, for instance, the colors don't appear as sharp as they used to be.. I've tried adjusting focusing myself, and even had a Geek Squad tech give...
  7. WILL NOT FOCUS

WILL NOT FOCUS: HOW DO YOU FOCUS PICTURES NOT CLEAR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-focus/095e7820-8bd6-4647-9ff6-3640bda989a3
  8. PROBLEMS WITH EMAILS NOT REACHING MY "FOCUSED" BOX

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEMS WITH EMAILS NOT REACHING MY "FOCUSED" BOX: I accidentally moved an email in "Other" to -- "Inbox * " ( read Inbox Star ) -- instead of directing it to "Always send to Focused" . I can now not find it in "Focused" and subsequent emails from the same important sender do not come through to either the "Focused"...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem: How to I get rid of this this thing for good? After updating to the Creator edition, Microsoft changed my Inbox to this Focused crap. I followed the directions by going to the settings in the Reading tab and turned off the "Sort messages into Focused & Other." However, when I...
  10. Video Focus (not blurry, send to back/front focus) problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Focus (not blurry, send to back/front focus) problem: I have an HP 850G1 laptop PC, 16GB of RAM running Windows 10 on a domain, Intel display adapter, dual monitor setup on a desktop. Second monitor is plugged into the VGA port on the HP port replicator. After using the PC for a bit every day, I try to bring up a program...