Windows 10: Computer forces restart and update to 1909 with no warning, now mentions "organizational...

Discus and support Computer forces restart and update to 1909 with no warning, now mentions "organizational... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was in the middle of a game. This is my personal PC and has never been connected to a commercial IT system. Has this happened to anyone else?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gryphacus, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Computer forces restart and update to 1909 with no warning, now mentions "organizational...

I was in the middle of a game. This is my personal PC and has never been connected to a commercial IT system. Has this happened to anyone else?

submitted by /u/Gryphacus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gryphacus, Mar 10, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 10, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Computer forces restart and update to 1909 with no warning, now mentions "organizational...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer forces restart and update to 1909 with no warning, now mentions "organizational... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Computer forces restart and update to 1909 with no warning, now mentions "organizational...

1. Computer forces restart and update to 1909 with no warning, now mentions "organizational... - Similar Threads - Computer forces restart

2. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows restarts for updates with no warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarts for updates with no warning: I have an older laptop on which I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Unlike other computers I have, it gives no warning when it wants to do a Windows 10 update. It just briefly displays a screen saying it needs to restart for an update, then does so. No buttons for...
  6. Computer restarting without warning

Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  7. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...
  8. Today's update forces restart of computer, losing work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Today's update forces restart of computer, losing work: On a Dell laptop - I've never had an update install automatically before, this update popped up a window informing me that my computer was about to restart at around 10:30AM, and then immediately restarted. 5 hours later I opened it back up to discover that all of my saved...
  9. Computer BSOD force restart

Computer BSOD force restart: It's happened twice in the last hour. Checked reliability info: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 133 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: 501 Parameter 3: 500 Parameter 4: fffff803740fb378 OS version: 10_0_17134 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version:...
  10. Updates... Then forcefully restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates... Then forcefully restart: Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today it just restarted while I was working. Bug? Intentionally? I will not give Microsoft long to change this behavior....