Windows 10: Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities

Discus and support Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a second hand gigabyte brix PC. Running the monitor off the blue VGA style cord. Everything was working fine until one day I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gazed0, May 24, 2022.

1. Gazed0 Win User

Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities

I recently bought a second hand gigabyte brix PC. Running the monitor off the blue VGA style cord. Everything was working fine until one day I turned it on and the screen and changed its resolution. So I went into display settings to change the resolution to a higher setting. The screen went blank and gave me a message saying "analog out of range 71hz/60hz" I plugged a second monitor in went to display settings and the conputer says that monitor is trying to run at 60.004hz. I have then tried to enter safe mode to change in settings the screen refresh rate however the only option there is 64hz

:)

Gazed0, May 24, 2022

2. What resolutions is this monitor capable of?

I was thinking of buying an P206HVB monitor, and the only resolutions listed for it is 1600x900 and I was wondering if anyone knew what other resolutions it's capable of..

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 24, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 24, 2022
  4. Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities

Samsung Monitor not working after Windows 10 install

Hello,

• Did you check if the external monitor work fine with other systems?
    To check if there is any issues with HDMI cable or external monitor, I suggest you to try connecting it to any other Laptop/Computer and check if this works fine.

Kindly let us know the status to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities

1. Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities - Similar Threads - Computer forcing monitor

2. Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities: I recently bought a second hand gigabyte brix PC. Running the monitor off the blue VGA style cord. Everything was working fine until one day I turned it on and the screen and changed its resolution. So I went into display settings to change the resolution to a higher setting....
  3. Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer forcing monitor to work beyond capabilities: I recently bought a second hand gigabyte brix PC. Running the monitor off the blue VGA style cord. Everything was working fine until one day I turned it on and the screen and changed its resolution. So I went into display settings to change the resolution to a higher setting....
  4. Monitor forced to be square

Monitor forced to be square: My sister was using my computer, and she accidentally hit a key no clue which one, somewhere in the end/home/pgup/pgdn region. I have tried Resizing the screen resolution, reinstalling the graphics drivers, and restarting....
  5. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  6. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  7. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

8. HDR Capable Monitor and Windows 10 aren't working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR Capable Monitor and Windows 10 aren't working: I recently brought the newly released Asus XG32VC monitor and love it. Now with this monitor HDR works fine and how it is supposed to be on SRGB mode but if I select Racing mode and turn HDR on, my screen gets a yellow tint over it which I can't get rid of. I have done lots...
  9. Computer is beyond my repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer is beyond my repair: I cant fix my HP stream 14 it started after I finished using it for school it kept acting up so I updated windows and restarted it then after I got a blue screen with an error saying BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR i only had 32GB of space on it and 4GB of RAM so I didnt download...
  10. Screen stretch beyond monitor view

Screen stretch beyond monitor view: After windows update, I can only see the top of taskbar and sliver of icons on left & right side. Mouse will pick things outside monitor view. I have tried rolling back graphics driver, but that doesn't help. Changing to lower resolutions doesn't help. What else can I try?...