Windows 10: Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes

Discus and support Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sometimes, I log onto my computer and a little globe icon appears on the lock screen instead of the Wi-Fi symbol. I try to connect to my Wi-Fi and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LogicalRocket25, May 18, 2020.

1. Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes

Sometimes, I log onto my computer and a little globe icon appears on the lock screen instead of the Wi-Fi symbol. I try to connect to my Wi-Fi and it says "Cannot connect to this network". The weird thing is that when I restart the computer, the Wi-Fi icon is back and I can go online. I am on a Windows 10 Desktop if that helps with Intel Core i5.

:)

LogicalRocket25, May 18, 2020
  2. EdwardD_5 Win User

Unable to 'Forget' Wi-Fi connections

Unable to 'Forget Wi-Fi' connections.

Noticed several days ago my modem/wireless router was not disconnecting on computer shutdown.

Instead, it was switching from Gibabit Ethernet to Fast Internet.

Opened Settings to Wi-Fi connections, but could not find 'Forget' button to take off numerous unknown Wi-Fi connnections.

EdwardD_5, May 18, 2020
  3. EdwardD_5 Win User
    Unable to 'Forget' Wi-Fi connections

The problem is "Manage Wi-Fi Settings" does not show a "Manage Known Networks" link. So no list of networks comes up nor does any "Forget" button.

EdwardD_5, May 18, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes

1. Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes - Similar Threads - Computer forgets sometimes

2. My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes: Randomly, my computer will lose wifi connection, and there's no button above the sound and brightness sliders that shows me the option to connect to wifi, windows key + a doesn't take me to it either. The Wi-Fi section of "Newtork & Internet" disappears, and no...
  3. My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes: Randomly, my computer will lose wifi connection, and there's no button above the sound and brightness sliders that shows me the option to connect to wifi, windows key + a doesn't take me to it either. The Wi-Fi section of "Newtork & Internet" disappears, and no...
  4. My computer "forgets" it's connected to Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer "forgets" it's connected to Wi-Fi.: Hello. Yesterday I've reinstalled the software to my computer after not being on it for a month, and I was met with something I've never seen before. When I was using the computer, I've noticed my wifi kept disconnecting. At that point I tried everything, reinstalling my...
  5. My computer "forgets" it's connected to Wi-Fi.

My computer "forgets" it's connected to Wi-Fi.: Hello. Yesterday I've reinstalled the software to my computer after not being on it for a month, and I was met with something I've never seen before. When I was using the computer, I've noticed my wifi kept disconnecting. At that point I tried everything, reinstalling my...
  6. My computer "forgets" it's connected to Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wi-Fi icon lost sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi icon lost sometimes: My wifi icon in the corner menu lost. Then I knew it was because of the driver error, sometimes it has error code:10 or 43.Error codes in Device Manager in Windows microsoft.comI fix it with reinstalling the wifi driver and it's work but it get lost again at a time. I even...
  8. Wi-Fi icon lost sometimes

Wi-Fi icon lost sometimes: My wifi icon in the corner menu lost. Then I knew it was because of the driver error, sometimes it has error code:10 or 43.Error codes in Device Manager in Windows microsoft.comI fix it with reinstalling the wifi driver and it's work but it get lost again at a time. I even...
  9. Issues when forgetting the known networks Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues when forgetting the known networks Wi-Fi: My Wi-Fi router broke up and then renewed with another one by the provider. As a results, all pervious configuration in the router is lost. I have tried to config the new router as the old one. However, my Win 10 laptop still recognizes the difference between them. As the...
  10. Wi-Fi freezes for sometime

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi freezes for sometime: Hello, I have a problem, that wi-fi freezes for like 5-8 seconds. But this don't happens on linux at all. I have wireless module RTL8822CE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-freezes-for-sometime/7d1284d9-dd87-42a4-a722-cc909f97df7e