Windows 10: Computer Fraud - Cyber Crime

Discus and support Computer Fraud - Cyber Crime in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email from a scammer demanding money to be paid into an account, if I did not they would access my accounts. Like always I tagged it as a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David-eng, Oct 11, 2019.

1. David-eng Win User

Computer Fraud - Cyber Crime

I received an email from a scammer demanding money to be paid into an account, if I did not they would access my accounts. Like always I tagged it as a spam and blocked all future emails. It wasn't until I was about to delete that I realised that they displayed my password.

Several of my accounts had been accessed. My email had been redirected.

Today I have tried top access my Microsoft account to be told that my password had been changed two months ago!

I have regained access to my account but I need to have evidence that the account has been accessed by someone else. I was directed from the telephone Microsoft support supervisor to request information through this process.

Therefore I need the dates my account was accessed, the location (ISP address), any new email account and all activity available.

I look forward to your prompt response

David

:)

David-eng, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

FBI warns hacked IoT devices used for malicious cyber activities

Source: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Cyber Actors Use Internet of Things Devices as Proxies for Anonymity and Pursuit of Malicious Cyber Activities

Brink, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    FBI warns hacked IoT devices used for malicious cyber activities

Source: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Cyber Actors Use Internet of Things Devices as Proxies for Anonymity and Pursuit of Malicious Cyber Activities

Brink, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Computer Fraud - Cyber Crime

Computer fraud

I've been following up with the problem and so far it looks like it originated elsewhere and not on my computer. Of the two separate fraud charges I've researched one and spoke with the company that was attempted with the fraud and they are a UK company
    and the charges were online using a VPN, they flagged it and it never went through. They believe based on their best guess (and experience) that the charge came from China.

The other charge was made to a Pennsylvania cosmetics retailer and it went through, actually more than once, and the products were shipped to an address. I've spoken with the cosmetics retailer over the phone and they won't share any details for security
    purposes but I've contacted various authorities and I'm waiting to see what they learn based on the information I gave them. I find it interesting that the UK charges were flagged but the cosmetics ones were not. Hmm? Hopefully the authorities can give me
    some info regarding what name and address and card info was used for that purchase. If the purchase occurred without all the correct info then that says something right there about that cosmetics company anyway. So I'll wait and see.

This next part is likely a long, long shot but almost the same time this fraud on my credit card occurred I also began receiving aggressive fraud spam, and also at this time I was dealing with a California business whom I purchased a product from online
    (not with the card that later was breached, in fact paid with PayPal) and later they refuse to honor their warranty claim when the part turned out to be bad. I researched the company and they use a fake name and have another business name with two people's
    names listed as the owners and at least one appears to be Chinese, the other I'm not sure about. I was pressing them to honor their warranty and tenaciously following up with them and they may be upset with that and possibly are retaliating with the fraud
    spam and card breach? As I said it may be a long shot but it seems peculiar that at that same time I'm dealing with this company (unsatisfactorily) I also start getting aggressive fraud spam and then one of my cards is breached. I'm guessing most or all of
    the auto parts this California company sells online are from China, and it wouldn't surprise me if the company is Chinese and is based in China with an office and retail outlet in California. They also appear to have the same office and retail outlet in Australia.

We'll see what the authorities get back to me with. Any thoughts from you Rob?

Todd Anthony, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer Fraud - Cyber Crime

1. Computer Fraud - Cyber Crime - Similar Threads - Computer Fraud Cyber

2. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...: I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-call-from-someone-claiming-to-be-from/c84a4e83-f637-4356-9c01-0673d3e08b42
  3. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...: I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-call-from-someone-claiming-to-be-from/c84a4e83-f637-4356-9c01-0673d3e08b42
  4. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Cyber Crime Team Pop-up?

Microsoft Cyber Crime Team Pop-up?: Split from this thread.I had a phone call from someone suggesting me to install the Supremo control app from Secure Access Portal 9115 dot us <Link edited for safety: https:// 9115 dot us/ >and telling the information to himbecause microsoft thinks my system is being hacked....
  6. How can I investigate fraud and cyber security hacking on my device and home internet

How can I investigate fraud and cyber security hacking on my device and home internet: This is a public community. To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Answers Community. Check...
  7. malware and cyber crime

malware and cyber crime: so basically i had made a cyber crime complaint about how some hackers were spreading rumours that i had molested a women. They were also changing game files and fire rate of my PC due to which i was getting killed easily by enemies in fps games like valorant . I have...
  8. cyber stalker

cyber stalker: D w0 seconds agoHI, some is attempting to hurt, injure, and damage my famalies livelihood and unity. They have spent the past 3 years stalking us. They have cuased us much hardship found this in a mozilla folder. I do not know what this info below means. I do not know how to...
  9. CYBER ATTACK

CYBER ATTACK: Hi. We are a Windows 7 user. Today I was attacked by a cyber attack and my computer was hacked. And all my files have the LEZP extension. Please help me to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cyber-attack/40a0a6e2-6ec2-4e0e-9acd-10a73a352757
  10. Fraud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fraud: My laptop, a HP Stream, locked up last night and I was given a number to call, 844-946-3854, and after 3 hours on the phone the problem was resolved. I asked them if they were associated with Microsoft and they said they were an independent company which worked with them....