Windows 10: Computer freeze after starting

Discus and support Computer freeze after starting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello dear members, three days ago my computer started freezing after loging in, here is the details and i hope you can help me fix it. My laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zenbetchi Metadori, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Computer freeze after starting

Hello dear members, three days ago my computer started freezing after loging in, here is the details and i hope you can help me fix it.

My laptop was doing fine, i didn't install new applications or updatesand every thing was in order but recently what happen is when i log in and desktop shows up the computer goes in unresponsive state :

i can move the mouse cursor, i can see the highlight effect but i can't open anything. This goes on until i can't select or see the highlight effect, only the mouse keeps working, keyborad keys don't work also tried pressing Ctrl alt delete but nothing happens. Sometimes i can still open start menu but even shutdown comand is unresponsive. This doesnt happen instantaneously it might take 1 or 2 minutes before going in this state. The laptop looks like down, i can't hear fan noise or any signal thats it's working, the only way is to shutdown by pressing the power button . i need to mention also that it's so slow that it takes 15 minutes to start.

Here is what i tried to solve this in order :

1. Disconnected keyboard and mouse, no effects.
    2. Run automatic repair, it failed to repair the problem.
    3. uninstalled windows last updates, didnt do anything.
    4. i run windows defender scan with another anti malware app but no threat was found i did this on the only time the probleme didn't occur
    5. Run sfc scannow and chkdsk /r for both my c and d drives but no errors were found.
    6. deactivate all non windows services .
    7. boot in safemode, the crash didn't occur so i did a couple of things : i updated windows, updated my browser and uninstalled display drivers for both my graphic cards and run a memory diagnostic no errors found

After step six the crash became less persistant so if i just dont do anything and let the pc takes its time it might not happen yet it did occur one time after 2 hours of using the computer .

What i noticed :

• Booting is too slow and the computer cant detect the mouse fast but touchpad works
    • i tried opening task manager and it shows high disk usage 90 100 % at first but it goes normal if nothing happens system and windows antimalware exe are responsible for high usage
    • moving the mouse in the welcome screen makes it crash for a second then back to normal
    • i can notice that the crash is coming if it took sometime with the HDD led off
    • Last thing, when i checked ram diagnostic system log i noticed the last logs before the crash in the past days, there is always a big numbers of error logs with source DistributedCom folowed sometimes with other ones with source disk

There were time when i got similar problem but a disk check or uninstalling updates helped solve the problem.

i can post some of these logs if needed, i hope this will be fixed or i will just have to fully restart the system.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Zenbetchi Metadori, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 14, 2021
  3. computer freezes on start up

Hi,

I am trying to fix a computer and would appreciate any suggestions of help.

I start the computer, it loads, gets to the windows screen, the blue segmented line goes across a couple of times then the whole thing freezes in that spot, the blue line stops moving and that's as far as it gets.

Things I tried:
    F8 - safe mode
    - last known good configuration
    - Start Windows normally
    - (etc)
    When I tried these it just came back to the F8 screen.

Pushing 'R' didn't do anything (I was told this could make a repair) o.0 ??

Tried to boot up from an operating system disk by changing the boot up menu (delete) and this didn't work either. All it did was get to the windows screen and the blue line moved across a couple of times and it froze again in that spot.. exactly the same as when I try to start it.

I am clueless now as to how to get this computer working. Any ideas?

Kymberly_S, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Computer freeze after starting

Laptop freezes during Starting up on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried to perform startup repair of the computer?
    • When you say that "The screen was freeze, neither the Keyboard nor the Mouse responded.", when exactly the screen is getting freeze? Is it at login screen or while booting the computer?
    • When you switch on the computer, are you able see anything on the screen?

I suggest you to try to perform the steps which provided in the previous post and let us know the results.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Computer freeze after starting

1. Computer freeze after starting - Similar Threads - Computer freeze starting

2. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  3. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  4. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Outlook Freezes After Starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Freezes After Starting: I just bought a new Dell XPS 13 inch. Outlook freezes every time I start it. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-freezes-after-starting/3d9a4ca4-e962-4868-80ac-3bf53486739e
  6. Computer freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day: I've been having this issue for a few weeks, but I'm not entirely sure when it started, so I cannot determine a concrete root cause. My computer freezes every day after the first start-up, requiring a hard shutdown. At the end of the night, I shut down my computer, and start...
  7. Computer Freezing shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Freezing shortly after start up: yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power button for 10 seconds. I have tried many things, please help. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer freeze's after a update.

Computer freeze's after a update.: Hello, My computer started freezing after a update. The screen goes all black and the display sometime be's really small. This did not happen before the new update. And sometime the screen glitches and Does not work, I have to shut it down By UNPLUGGING the Plug back of the...
  9. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up: My computer is slow starting up and about 30 minutes later it freezes up and I have to turn it off and try to look for the problem. I've looked on HP support assistant and can't find the problem. I recently received the free McAfee antivirus but I didn't want because it was...
  10. Windows not starting after freezing.

Windows not starting after freezing.: I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I was using net through my phone's hotspot. I felt the brightness was low so I opened the Start menu. But as soon as I pressed it the complete task bar freezed so as the desktop but not the applications which were open (Chrome and...