Windows 10: Computer freeze up since new update

Discus and support Computer freeze up since new update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since the latest update i have had this problem occur twice, my computer just freezes up and i can’t do anything to fix it but shutting it down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lmDarkLord, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Computer freeze up since new update

Ever since the latest update i have had this problem occur twice, my computer just freezes up and i can’t do anything to fix it but shutting it down from the power button

submitted by /u/lmDarkLord
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lmDarkLord, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 19, 2020
  3. computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 19, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Computer freeze up since new update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Computer freeze up since new update

1. Computer freeze up since new update - Similar Threads - Computer freeze since

2. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  3. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  4. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up: Every time I leave my hardwired PC running Windows 10 since the update, it goes into hibernation or something. I can hit keys, move the mouse, etc, and the screen remains black. The only thing that gets my screen back is holding the power button for about 2-3 seconds,...
  6. Computer freezing daily since last update

Computer freezing daily since last update: My machine has been freezing daily since the last update, it never did that before. I tried looking online to see how to diagnose the issue but have not been successful. Has anyone else been having the same problem? Is Microsoft aware of this? Any plans to fix or diagnose it?...
  7. new updates cause computer to freeze up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new updates cause computer to freeze up: You just installed updates KB2467173 KB 4580980 KB4023057 and now it always freezes up after various lengths of short time?????? so now what do I do?????...
  8. Freezes since last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes since last update: I updated to the last update and when i turn on the computer in the first time my mouse freezes when move it and the sound has microshutering. If i tried to restart the computer not restart, stays on the screen restarting... I force the power off and in the second post, the...
  9. Computer Freezing up

Computer Freezing up: Hi, My computer keeps freezing up and then a blue screen shows up saying that there is a problem and that the system is trying to fix it and will shut itself down. But it never shuts down and I have to press the power button to unfreeze the system. It just happened again and...
  10. Freezing since windows update

Freezing since windows update: Hi I left my pc updating with a windows update last week and since then I am now getting a complete freeze within 10 minutes of starting although everything appears to be fine. I have tried so many things to fix it and I have ran out of ideas so im desperate for help. I have...