Windows 10: Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

Discus and support Computer freeze without creating a memory dump. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hey everyone,these last few months i've been having trouble with my pc freezing at random moments. Most often the screen goes black and any sound that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NickDecoster, May 25, 2022.

1. Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

hey everyone,these last few months i've been having trouble with my pc freezing at random moments. Most often the screen goes black and any sound that was playing turns into a continues beep. Sometimes sound keeps playing, but the screen freezes. In both cases the system is irresponsive to mouse and keyboard and i have to do a forced shutdown. It usually happens when i start a gaming or test something on a vr device connected to my pc, so graphic intensive tasks, but very infrequently once per week or less. It also only happens when i start the task, never after a few hours, so i don't think

:)

NickDecoster, May 25, 2022

2. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, May 25, 2022
  3. Computer Hard Freezing - No Event Logs or Memory Dumps

Originally posted on Sevenforums, and reposted into the right forum thread.

The freezing mostly occurs after the computer has been left in sleep mode for an extended period of time - Even if restarted, the computer will still freeze ~5 minutes upon restore from sleep.

Thanks!

EDIT - there's no pattern as it still froze a couple times tonight after only a few hours of use

PayneTrain, May 25, 2022
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

Surface Pro Kernel Memory Dump When It Turn On Every time!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As the dump file is kernel memory dump file. Please note that it records only the kernel memory. This speeds up the process of recording information in a log when your computer stops unexpectedly. You must have a pagefile large enough to accommodate
    your kernel memory. The page file must be on the boot volume. Otherwise, a memory dump cannot be created. Before we provide any suggestions, I would like to confirm few things:

1. Could you please elaborate the statement: I got a very strange thing my Surface Pro Memory Dump when I turn on it everytime, but It don't happen if I just reboot after turn on?
    2. Are you getting blue screen while booting or while using Windows?
    3. Which version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile you can try the steps provided in the article: Bug
    Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    (based on the dump files analyzation).

We await your reply.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

1. Computer freeze without creating a memory dump. - Similar Threads - Computer freeze without

2. Windows not creating small memory dumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not creating small memory dumps: I have a MSI Gaming Laptop. I am struggling with Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Task Category 63 this issue. In order to diagnose this I am checking dump files when the system failure occurs but windows is not creating them. I have configured windows to save Small Memory Dumps in...
  3. Windows not creating small memory dumps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not creating small memory dumps: I have a MSI Gaming Laptop. I am struggling with Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Task Category 63 this issue. In order to diagnose this I am checking dump files when the system failure occurs but windows is not creating them. I have configured windows to save Small Memory Dumps in...
  4. Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.: hey everyone,these last few months i've been having trouble with my pc freezing at random moments. Most often the screen goes black and any sound that was playing turns into a continues beep. Sometimes sound keeps playing, but the screen freezes. In both cases the system is...
  5. Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.: hey everyone,these last few months i've been having trouble with my pc freezing at random moments. Most often the screen goes black and any sound that was playing turns into a continues beep. Sometimes sound keeps playing, but the screen freezes. In both cases the system is...
  6. Windows 11 not creating memory dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not creating memory dump: Hello all,I have the relevant settings on for a complete memory dump - but one is never created I've made sure I can see hidden files.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-creating-memory-dump/b81c2ea4-40a9-484d-8bca-653a9789a482
  7. Windows 11 not creating memory dump

Windows 11 not creating memory dump: Hello all,I have the relevant settings on for a complete memory dump - but one is never created I've made sure I can see hidden files.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-creating-memory-dump/b81c2ea4-40a9-484d-8bca-653a9789a482
  8. Can't create memory dump file

Can't create memory dump file: I've been getting BSOD since I purchased this new computer. I checked Event Viewer and I keep getting Event 161 error before it crashes. I have no idea what to do....
  9. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps: I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue: For some backstory: I built this computer in late Feb of 2015. Over the last 5/7 months (two of which - July and August - I wasn't around to use it) and have had several issues with it since Early March -...
  10. Computer Hard Freezing - No Event Logs or Memory Dumps

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hard Freezing - No Event Logs or Memory Dumps: Originally posted on Sevenforums, and reposted into the right forum thread. For some backstory: I built this computer in late Feb of 2015. Over the last 5/7 months (two of which - July and August - I wasn't around to use it) and have had several issues with it since...