Windows 10: Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

Discus and support Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10) However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen I sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SkylerAnderson, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10)

However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen
    I sometimes also get a "Microsoft windows is not responding' popup, I cant interact with that either

I checked task manager and it seems that disk usage spikes to around 50% or so when the computer freezes

I tried Antivirus checks, Restarting ( a lot), and using a USB to reinstall windows which didnt work. any PC reset options freeze at 1-10% and dont work

:)

SkylerAnderson, Jul 5, 2018

2. Freeze after 2-5 minutes after Creator Update

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding the freezing issue of your computer. For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes after ~5 minutes of inactivity/idle

Hi,

Hoping for some assistance on this, for what appears to be a somewhat common problem.

My issue is extremely similar to
    this issue
    . I would in fact say it is virtually identical.

In summary..

• After ~5 minutes of inactivity, Windows 10 completely freezes
    • It absolutely hangs - it does not respond to any keyboard or mouse input. The
      only thing it responds to is a hard power off by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
    • It doesn't matter whether music/video is playing - it will freeze provided there is
      5 minutes of inactivity
    • If music is playing, the audio will also freeze.
    • This means provided the computer receives constant input (whether mouse or keyboard), I can use it for almost an indefinite period of time
    • I suspect it is related to a Windows Update/driver
    • There are a small number of other situations which trigger a freeze - appears to be related to installation of software and/or Windows Update
      • Example is after installing VirtualBox, computer will freeze upon opening
      • Whilst attempting to install a Samsung Android driver, it froze in the middle of installation
    As a side issue, I am also unable to shut down, restart or hibernate my computer. Shutting down/restarting/hibernating will result in the screen turning off, but unless I actually hard power off the computer by holding onto the power button, the power light
    will show as on and you can hear the fan constantly running until it is forced off by a hard power off. I believe this is also related to a Windows Update/driver, because it did work previously. Maybe this should have its own separate question post, seeing
    as it is probably a separate issue.

Hardware/Software Summary:

• Laptop Model: Acer Aspire E14 ES1-411-C1WD (purchased ~July 2015)
    • Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz

Let me know if any other information is required that may be of assistance.

Appreciate any assistance that can be provided!

illumination10, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

System freezes after 5-15 Minutes

Hi Daniel,

To learn more about the performance issues you're experiencing after the Creators update, we just have a few questions:

• What is the specific error message that appears when the boot cycle stops? Please include a screenshot.

• What is the normal view of the list that you have mentioned?

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far, aside from restarting your computer?

Yolvi Ell, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

1. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes minutes

2. Spyhunter 5 is freezing my laptop immediately after boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spyhunter 5 is freezing my laptop immediately after boot up: I downloaded spyhunter thinking I needed it but now evertime right after boot up my laptop freezes. It think it's caused by spyhunter because it's the only thing running. It just shows the startup of spyhunter and in small ‘loading definitions’ but I can’t do anything. The...
  3. Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update: Acer Aspire XC-704 Ever since I updated my computer with KB4505903 to 18362.267 yesterday, my computer would boot into the login screen normally. But after I typed in my password, my computer screen would be completely black with a mouse pointer for 5 minutes (I timed it...
  4. Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle: My laptop is Acer ES1-432-C4XA CPU : Intel N3350 Windows 10 Home version 1809 OS Build : 17763.195 Windows 10 freeze after exactly 5 minutes of idle when plug-in and after login. Previously the problem was rectified when I disable Fast Boot and System Protection,...
  5. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0
  6. laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting

laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting: Hi, i have a samsung series 9 laptop and it has windows 10. I started getting this problem today. When i boot my laptop, i can log in and open browser and do all the usual things i can until about 1 minute after booting. It just freezes and i can't click or type anything....
  7. BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing

BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing: BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing See collector log in attachment System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level...
  8. >5 minute boot time on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    >5 minute boot time on SSD: Hi. I have a PC running Windows 10, but it is taking an unusually long time to boot. It can take more than 5 minutes, even though the boot drive is a 250GB Crucial MX200 with the latest firmware. I know that this is a very vague issue, but if i should provide more info for...
  9. Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting: Hi everybody. I've installed clean Windows 10 Pro (eMachines e732). After 5-10 minutes of work it starts to be irresponsible: browser doesn't load pages (infinite loading) but still can create new tabs. start menu doesn't open. windows explorer does not open on 'win+e'...
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. damn computer freezes up every 5 minutes WINDOWS 10

2. w10 freezes after 5 minutes of inactivity

3. computer freezes after 5 minutos

4. windows frezzes after 5 minutes,
  5. pc freezes up a few.minutes after booting up,
  6. laptop freezes after 5 minutes