Windows 10: Computer freezes after an hour and a half of usage

Discus and support Computer freezes after an hour and a half of usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a issue of where my computer just degrades and freezes after about an hour of usage, I've only had this computer for about a few days, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by R0CK3T491, Jul 13, 2021.

1. R0CK3T491 Win User

Computer freezes after an hour and a half of usage

So I have a issue of where my computer just degrades and freezes after about an hour of usage, I've only had this computer for about a few days, and I built it myself so this is pretty annoying. My short term solution was to just restart it every hour after it hits that mark in task manager. Also I've tried a ton of troubleshooting with random articles online, and YouTube videos. I am almost certain that this isn't a overheating problem as I have been using task manager up until the very moment that it crashes Temps are only lower than 60 degrees Celsius. I have no leads right now. For

:)

R0CK3T491, Jul 13, 2021

2. After Anniversary Update every half an hour or so or computer freezes and makes a whirring noise.

After installing the Anniversary Update download today, my computer has gone completely haywire and it either freezes every half an hour or so or it freezes and makes a whirring noise. Its a relatively
    new HP Envy and its never had any problems before and I'm not really sure whats wrong. Is anybody else facing a similar problem?

Valisneria, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Computer freezes after an hour and a half of usage

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezes after an hour and a half of usage

1. Computer freezes after an hour and a half of usage - Similar Threads - Computer freezes hour

2. Windows Freezing After Some Hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Freezing After Some Hours: I'm using Windows 11. But it used to happen on Windows 10, too.After using for some hours sometimes 1-2 hours, sometimes many more, mostly while using Edge or leaving Spotify opened, or even sometimes when I leave the PC idling for long hours, the system crashes and then...
  3. Windows Freezing After Some Hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Freezing After Some Hours: I'm using Windows 11. But it used to happen on Windows 10, too.After using for some hours sometimes 1-2 hours, sometimes many more, mostly while using Edge or leaving Spotify opened, or even sometimes when I leave the PC idling for long hours, the system crashes and then...
  4. PC constantly freezes for half a second after 2-3 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC constantly freezes for half a second after 2-3 hours: This suddenly happened to me 2 weeks ago. After 2-3 hours running my screen stops for a bit (0.5s) then works normally, it also distorts audio in that lagging period. This happens every 10 seconds or so. I thought it is hardware related but restarting seems to temporary fix...
  5. PC freezes about half-hour after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes about half-hour after startup: Good afternoon. Yesterday my windows 10 pc start freezing after I play on it half hour. I was playing an offline game and that happened. It also happens when I was browsing on the internet. I don't install anything in the last weeks so I don't know what may be causing...
  6. My computer would crash after roughly an hour of usage

My computer would crash after roughly an hour of usage: I have an asus vivobook running on windows 10. it's fairly new and this issue started happening 2 weeks into using this laptop. no matter what software i was using the computer would start to behave strangely. when i use chrome after an hour the window would not respond and...
  7. Computer constantly freezes up for half a second

Computer constantly freezes up for half a second: So I just upgraded to windows 10 and every couple of seconds my computer will freeze for half a second. I noticed this first when I was listening to music and it kept cutting out, I thought it was just the software not loading but after a while I noticed the mouse seemed to...
  8. Freezing and half freezing pc

Freezing and half freezing pc: Hello i bought a new computer a few months ago and it has worked perfectly fine untill i downloaded a driver updater. After i downloaded a driver through it, it has been freezing for a few seconds while the sound still continues, it has been freezing partially while the sound...
  9. PC keeps freezing every half hour

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps freezing every half hour: Hello, A few days ago I noticed that my computer kept on freezing for about a second every 20-60 minutes. After it freezes, everything goes back to normal. I noticed that in Event Viewer, since October 22nd (which is around the time when I noticed it freezing), every now and...
  10. Computer Half-works After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Half-works After Update: I was on the fast insider downloads, but when I updated to the Fall Creators Update my computer would restart every 15 minutes, over and over again. So I rolled it back to pre-update, and quit the Insiders' program. Yesterday my computer updated on its own, and now only...