Windows 10: Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Discus and support Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BB99zz, Oct 22, 2018.

1. BB99zz Win User

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up.

At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard and mouse so I bought a new one. I thought it was working fine as I used it a few times over one week time period then, it froze the same way.

The only way to reboot was a hard reboot which seemed to make everything worse. I reformatted the C: drive and did a fresh install of Windows 7 to see if it might be a hardware issue and it ran flawlessly. I then did another format of the C: drive and did a fresh install of Windows 10. I thought it was working fine and began installing other software and it froze up again. I've tried anything I can find for information online and have done yet another fresh install of Windows 10.

There doesn't seem to be a specific thing that triggers the freeze. Sometimes it's during an update, sometimes it's while surfing the web but it just freezes. It even froze after a clean install while updating.

I can't put into words how frustrating this is to have a PC work perfectly with Windows 10 for several years and now it seems ruined.

:)

BB99zz, Oct 22, 2018

2. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

Hi,

If you have click Checked for updates once, it would continue to download.

Try updating to Windows 10 October update version 1809, manually.

The fastest way to get the upgrade is through Media creation tool or ISO file.

Please download Media Creation Tool from the link below and select Upgrade this PC at the first screen.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

All steps, including upgrading using ISO file and Media creation tool, are covered here:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2018/10/update...

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Almost September and are the October 2018 update release in the September or October?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update

When is the official windows 10 October 2018 update releases?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

1. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes October

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  4. The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update: Hello! :) after the October 2018 update, the timeline does not work. I only have record of activities from days before the update. Is this a bug from Microsoft? Thanks. 119409
  5. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  6. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  7. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  8. Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October: Hi, I've just updated to Windows 10 October 2018 Update. I noticed that one of my applications which uses the Unicode U+2606 White Star (☆) no longer displays the symbol. After some investigation, it appears that while applications like Edge, Chrome, Telegram, etc display...
  9. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........
  10. Computer keeps freezing after 2018 April update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps freezing after 2018 April update: Hi, I installed the April update via Windows Updates at the beginning of May and since then my PC was a mess. At first, the disk usage was on 100% usage all the time, the boot time jumped from under one minute to almost 10 (TEN) minutes, the process list in Task Manager...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freezing following windows 10 update october 2018