Windows 10: Computer Freezes and crashes Intermittently

Discus and support Computer Freezes and crashes Intermittently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been trying to fix this issue for days now with no avail. it has something to do with WIFI drivers and I cant figure it out. I have all the info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sloterxp, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Sloterxp Win User

Computer Freezes and crashes Intermittently

I've been trying to fix this issue for days now with no avail. it has something to do with WIFI drivers and I cant figure it out. I have all the info somebody would need to figure it out but there's too much to put into one place without somebody just asking specifically for what they want. I have a TP-link router that worked fine for a while, and recently after moving homes it starts crashing. I used DriverFix to try and update all my drivers but still haven't been able to get to all of them because I don't think that will fix my issue. I then moved on to WinDbg to check crash files and it is

:)

Sloterxp, Jul 27, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 27, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 27, 2021
  4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Freezes and crashes Intermittently - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes crashes

2. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  3. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  4. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently

Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently: I've updated the BIOS, updated all my drivers, I've even done a fresh install, which worked for about a week without a crash. If anyone can help that'd be greatly appreciated.This is what has been showing up in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by...
  6. Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently: I've updated the BIOS, updated all my drivers, I've even done a fresh install, which worked for about a week without a crash. If anyone can help that'd be greatly appreciated.This is what has been showing up in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by...
  7. Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer intermittently freezes

Computer intermittently freezes: Computer intermittently freezes and I have to shut it down completely by removing power from the computer. Unable to access task manager, the mouse cursor is non functional, and the power button does not do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you....
  9. Computer crashing intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashing intermittently: Going to post the crash data from reliability monitor. 4 hardware error pop up. Posting them in sequence. Trying to find out if this is a true hardware issue or driver causing problems. Any help greatly appreciated. 1st Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  10. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error causing computer to freeze intermittently

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error causing computer to freeze intermittently: Hi there, I have been having an issue that has been increasing in frequency in recent weeks. When I do anything remotely intensive on my computer playing video games, working, etc my computer will freeze, audio stops and the computer reboots. When I check the Event...