Windows 10: Computer Freezes and makes Buzzing or High Pitched Noise

Discus and support Computer Freezes and makes Buzzing or High Pitched Noise in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some users are complaining that their computer is freezing and making a high-pitched noise. This is troubling the routine of many users of Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Computer Freezes and makes Buzzing or High Pitched Noise

Some users are complaining that their computer is freezing and making a high-pitched noise. This is troubling the routine of many users of Windows 10. Imagine you are working on something important, or you are behind deadlines for your projects. The computer on which you are working is causing troubles like freezing and making high-pitched noises. These issues put a lot of burden on your commitments, and you might not exactly know what you should do to recover your PC from the issues. We have a few fixes that can fix the buzzing high-pitched noises. Let’s see what they are and how you can use them to fix the issues.

Computer Freezes & makes Buzzing or High Pitched Noise

Computer Freezes and makes Buzzing or High Pitched Noise [​IMG]

The programs and processes that run in the background might put pressure on the PC and causing issues. First, end those unwanted processes and check for Windows updates. After that, you can follow the fixes below. These are the following fixes for computer freezing and making a buzzing or high-pitched noise.

1. Update Display and Audio Drivers
    2. Update BIOS
    3. Check the Physical Health of your PC
    4. Check in Clean Boot State
    5. Upgrade your PC’s Hardware

Let’s get into the details of every method and fix the issues.

1] Update Display and Audio Drivers

Out-of-date display and sound drivers or the corruption in their files might have caused the error. The first way we can try to solve these issues is to update those display and sound drivers. The issues you are facing with the freeze of the computer and its buzzing high-pitched noises might be fixed after the update.

You could also visit the manufacturer’s website to download display and audio drivers and install the latest stable versions.

After the update, restart your PC and see if the issues are happening again. If the issues still exist, try the following methods.

Read: Windows computer makes a beeping noise when you try to turn it on.

2] Update BIOS

The settings of your BIOS (Basic Input Output System) might have altered by accident, or they might have been out-of-date. There are chances that this might work if your computer is freezing at the boot stage and making a buzzing high-pitched noise. You need to update your computer’s BIOS to fix it. After the update check if the issues are sorted out. If not, try the next methods in the guide.

3] Check the Physical Health of your PC

The physical health of your PC affects its performance. There are times the integrity of RAM and hard disk compromises the functioning of the computer.

You need to run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and check up the hard disk and make sure they are functioning fine. After that, you need to check the temperatures of the CPU and GPU. If their temperatures go beyond a point their functioning goes sour and the issues of freezing and various other problems happen.

4] Check in Clean Boot State

Clean Boot lets us find and fix advanced issues that happen in Windows. In the Clean Boot mode, only the necessary components of the Windows runs, and it gives us a scope to find if the problems are caused by Windows or any other third-party programs installed on your PC. Perform a clean boot and find what is causing the issues and fix them.

Read: How to fix Sound Distortion issues.

5] Upgrade your PC’s Hardware

The applications you run or the games you play might be putting heavy load and stress on the hardware of your PC. You need to upgrade them to match the needs of the programs you use and the games you play. Upgrade your PC with better hardware and see if it fixes the issue.

NOTE: If you are hearing a high-pitched noise heard after installing KB5000842 on Windows 10, then it is a known issue. To mitigate this issue, Microsoft suggests users try streaming the video or audio in a web browser or different app, instead of the app affected by this issue. They also recommend enabling Spatial sound settings and see if that helps.

These are the possible fixes that can fix the buzzing high-pitched noise. If nothing helps, maybe you could take it to hardware tech support.

Related: Troubleshoot Windows 10 Sound and Audio problems.

This article Computer Freezes and makes Buzzing or High Pitched Noise first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 21, 2021
  2. nokey617 Win User

high pitch noise on nokia 6303

hey everyone, i have a nokia 6303. I was wondering if anyone who owns this phone hears a high pitch noise when you put it against your ear. I keep hearing this high pitch noise on my phone everytime i make calls and recieve calls. I also hear the high
    pitch noise when i have the phone next to my ear even when not making calls. Does anyone else have this problem with their nokia 6303?? or is this phone just made this way??

nokey617, May 21, 2021
  3. High Pitched Screching Noise

My pc is making a high pitched screeching noise and I can't make it stop without muting the volume. It doesn't start until I increase the volume to 100%. In the meantime, I can hear my hitting keystrokes or tapping on the pc echoing back through the speakers.
    How do I make it stop doing this? I'm not sure what I did to make it start doing it. It also make a high pitched noise when I close the lid until it shuts off.

KevinTowns, May 21, 2021
  4. Heize Win User

Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise

Thank you for your help. I ran the tests you told me to. Could you help me read what these numbers mean and what the root cause could be?

Heize, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Freezes and makes Buzzing or High Pitched Noise - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes makes

2. inbuilt microphone making high pitched noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inbuilt microphone making high pitched noises: whenever i speak through my win 11 laptop, the audio sounds like it is high pitched, the audio driver is "intel smart sound technology for digital microphones" and the audio driver is realtek, i tried downloading it again but the same problem occurs even when nothing is...
  3. inbuilt microphone making high pitched noises

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inbuilt microphone making high pitched noises: whenever i speak through my win 11 laptop, the audio sounds like it is high pitched, the audio driver is "intel smart sound technology for digital microphones" and the audio driver is realtek, i tried downloading it again but the same problem occurs even when nothing is...
  4. Black screen and high pitched buzzing noise on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and high pitched buzzing noise on start up.: I have an Acer Aspire Z series desktop on Windows 7 Home Premium, it's about 12 or 13 years old, I have E Set anti virus. In the last few months it occasionally shows a black screen and high pitched buzzing noise on start up so I switch it off and restart later and it's ok....
  5. Black screen and high pitched buzzing noise on start up.

Black screen and high pitched buzzing noise on start up.: I have an Acer Aspire Z series desktop on Windows 7 Home Premium, it's about 12 or 13 years old, I have E Set anti virus. In the last few months it occasionally shows a black screen and high pitched buzzing noise on start up so I switch it off and restart later and it's ok....
  6. BSOD accompanied with high pitched noise and screen freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD accompanied with high pitched noise and screen freezing: Hello, I'm having a hard time determining what is causing a user's daily BSOD. Here's the debugger analysis. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to what the problem is?...
  7. BSOD accompanied with high pitched noise and screen freezing

BSOD accompanied with high pitched noise and screen freezing: Hello, I'm having a hard time determining what is causing a user's daily BSOD. Here's the debugger analysis. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to what the problem is?...
  8. high pitching noises

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    high pitching noises: When i was opening a powerpoint for school reasons I had youtube turned on aswell, my computer started making a high pitched noise. When I lower the volume nothing happens. When I turn on the laptop, the noise isn't there but as soon as i open youtube or zoom it starts making...
  9. My microphone is making a pulsating high pitched noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is making a pulsating high pitched noise: I built a computer some weeks ago and have been using it for gaming and such. The mic has been working fine with some Sony earbuds but once I bought Beats EP headphones the mic stopped working but specifically for those headphones. It creates a pulsating high pitched noise...
  10. High Pitched Screching Noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Pitched Screching Noise: My pc is making a high pitched screeching noise and I can't make it stop without muting the volume. It doesn't start until I increase the volume to 100%. In the meantime, I can hear my hitting keystrokes or tapping on the pc echoing back through the speakers. How do I make it...