Windows 10: Computer freezes and stops

Discus and support Computer freezes and stops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was using Windows 8.1 and after upgrading to 10 I get regular freezes and the computer just stops sometimes. I think this is normally just after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maugli, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Maugli Win User

Computer freezes and stops

Hi, I was using Windows 8.1 and after upgrading to 10 I get regular freezes and the computer just stops sometimes. I think this is normally just after booting up. Do I need to wait five minutes for it to get going before I try and do anything?! This is not normal, my PC was fast and responsive before the upgrade.

:)

Maugli, Sep 30, 2015

2. Why does Windows 10 suddenly slow down to a crawl, partially freezes everything?

My solution above did not stop the freezing on my computer although it seemed to freeze less frequently. The freezing stopped when the Windows Update of around 11-18-15 was installed. My system does not freeze anymore.

jayheldman, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Hangs and is unresponsive.

My solution above did not stop the freezing on my computer either although it seemed to freeze less frequently. The freezing stopped when the Windows Update of around 11-18-15 was installed. My system does not freeze anymore.

jayheldman, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Does the mouse cursor move during this freezing period, or is everything stuck frozen?
    Freezing for more than a few seconds is not normal. Can you look in the event logs for clues?
    Perhaps unplug any peripherals that are not vital to running the PC, even just as a test.

Kanata, Sep 30, 2015
  5. Maugli Win User
    Hi Kanata, my mouse still works but the computer is busy. It doesn't happen all the time but has happened at least twice since I updated to Windows 10. I have only essential peripherals plugged in. Just remind me how I look in the log please?

Maugli, Oct 2, 2015
  6. Had the same problem but now it seems to be fixed. Not sure how it was fixed. Firstly use native video drivers, not MS ones. I had HWInfo running and that may have been an issue, as of now its not running and no issues. Also ran CCleaner and deleted all the old MS Windows installs that were left behind.

JohnMarchant, Oct 2, 2015
  7. Maugli Win User
    Hi JohnMarchant, I will try installing the native AMD ATI drivers or whatever they're called for my graphics card and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Sorry forgive my ignorance but how do I check I have the native driver and not the Windows one?

Maugli, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer freezes and stops - Similar Threads - Computer freezes stops

2. Keyboard freezing or stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard freezing or stopping: I got my new laptop nearly 3 months ago and for some reason, the keyboard randomly started freezing and stopping, sometimes 1s, Even know when im typing this its happening, can someone tell me why or how? cuz my laptop is new and nothing can be wrong with it?...
  3. Keyboard freezing or stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard freezing or stopping: I got my new laptop nearly 3 months ago and for some reason, the keyboard randomly started freezing and stopping, sometimes 1s, Even know when im typing this its happening, can someone tell me why or how? cuz my laptop is new and nothing can be wrong with it?...
  4. My computer recently will stop working and almost freeze in a way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer recently will stop working and almost freeze in a way: When I'm playing games or really doing anything almost out of the blue my computer will freeze up, but I still can move my mouse and click on things but they won't load up, I can get task manager open but it won't show anything. Any sound like game sound or music will turn...
  5. My computer recently will stop working and almost freeze in a way

My computer recently will stop working and almost freeze in a way: When I'm playing games or really doing anything almost out of the blue my computer will freeze up, but I still can move my mouse and click on things but they won't load up, I can get task manager open but it won't show anything. Any sound like game sound or music will turn...
  6. Computer Freezing, and the Internet stop working when it happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing, and the Internet stop working when it happens.: My computer freezes sometimes. No inputs workkeyboard or mouse, all sound stops, image freezes on screen, cant use ctrl+alt+del and I have to turn it off by holding power button down. When this happen my internet also stops working and I would have to wait or turn the pc back...
  7. Computer Freezing, and the Internet stop working when it happens.

Computer Freezing, and the Internet stop working when it happens.: My computer freezes sometimes. No inputs workkeyboard or mouse, all sound stops, image freezes on screen, cant use ctrl+alt+del and I have to turn it off by holding power button down. When this happen my internet also stops working and I would have to wait or turn the pc back...
  8. Computer Freezing, and the Internet stop working when it happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezing: My computer will freeze mostly when in I have to turn off with power button because control, alt., delete will not work when this happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezing/12c86c87-d238-4051-9f1c-92f2702db476
  10. computer freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freeze: For two days now, my system, all in one HP, has started to freeze sporadically - maybe in one program or app - and then again in another program or app - i have ran the diagnostics and everything seems to be fine, but it isn't - any thoughts?...