Windows 10: Computer Freezes at Startup

Discus and support Computer Freezes at Startup in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I shut my computer down and then I turn it back on it freezes at the Windows logo screen. (the back screen with nothing but the windows logo in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JamesJoey, Sep 22, 2016.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Computer Freezes at Startup

When I shut my computer down and then I turn it back on it freezes at the Windows logo screen. (the back screen with nothing but the windows logo in the center).
    I'll long press the power button until it shuts off and then pressdthe power button it starts up ok.
    This doesn't occur on a restart.
    SFC finds no integrity violations.
    3 malware scanners found nothing suspicious.
    I haven't made any major changes to my computer except for the Windows Updates that I have no control over.

I restored a clean image on the 21st and the issue didn't occur. I shut down several times and it started ok.

It wasn't until Windows 10 installed some updates that the issue returned.

When Windows installed the following updates the issue returned:

KB3188128 (Adobe Flash Player security update)
    KB890830 (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool )
    KB3161102 (Update for Windows 10)
    KB3181403 (Update for Windows 10)
    KB3150513) Update for Windows 10)

Problem is these updates don't exist anymore so I can't uninstall them.
    But then Windows 10 will just re-install them anyway.

Here goes with another disk image. It's the only time when my computer starts up from a shut down.

:)

JamesJoey, Sep 22, 2016
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Computer Freezes on Startup

I disabled Fast Startup and it starts fine now.

JamesJoey, Sep 22, 2016
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Computer Freezes on Startup

The system starts fine in Safe Mode.

Was wondering if someone can suggest where I go from here.

I'm talking to myself again.

Is it my breath??

JamesJoey, Sep 22, 2016
  4. JamesJoey Win User

In Event Viewer - Administrator Events I find these errors about the time I turn the system on:

Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    I believe this is form me long pressing the power button to turn off the computer.

Error: The previous system shutdown at 10:24:55 AM on ‎9/‎30/‎2016 was unexpected.
    This time occurred when I initially Shut down the computer.

I see these errors every day since Windows 10 installed an update(s).

JamesJoey, Sep 29, 2016
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    The system starts fine in Safe Mode.

Was wondering if someone can suggest where I go from here.

Opps!
    There I go, talking to myself again.

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Freezes at Startup - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes Startup

2. Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup: Hello everyone,for a while now my computer has been freezing and crashing at random intervals while in use. It started pretty tame with maybe 1 or 2 crashes per week, but since then it's developed into something much worse, crashing at least 4 times a day. This problem...
  3. Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup: Hello everyone,for a while now my computer has been freezing and crashing at random intervals while in use. It started pretty tame with maybe 1 or 2 crashes per week, but since then it's developed into something much worse, crashing at least 4 times a day. This problem...
  4. Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezes and crashes right after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes and crashes right after startup: So I have an Omen 15 laptop. It runs beautifully.However today after I downloaded blizzard and the overwatch game, it has constantly frozen up and crashed afterwards. I have no idea why it is doing this since I’ve had overwatch on my computer before and nothing has happened...
  6. help: computer freezing during startup

help: computer freezing during startup: Hi, I've got a big mystery problem and could really use some help--I turned on my computer Lenovo 2018 ThinkPad the other day, left the room, and it was frozen when I came back in so I turned if off and tried to turn it back on again. It kept freezing during the booting...
  7. Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen

Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen: I have been using my Pc for about 2 years and had no real problems. However recently i went to bed with my computer working fine and woke up to getting to the login screen and it immediately freezing. Done multiple things like removing ram trying other ram and memory...
  8. Computer freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freeze on startup: Hello, So I decided to help my brother-in-law with his computer problems and I can't seem to find a fix. He installed Windows 10 creator's update a few months ago and has been experiencing problems with freezes upon starting the computer, that have made it impossible to...
  9. Computer freezes/crashes at Windows logo (startup)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes/crashes at Windows logo (startup): (TL;DR:I have recently been facing random freezes on my computer. It is not OS related as it may freeze before POST or BIOS. I concluded that problem was either overheating or PSU (previously tested RAM with memtest86 and WMD). Installed SpeedFan but it did not help so I...
  10. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...