Windows 10: Computer freezes, bluescreens at least once a day

Discus and support Computer freezes, bluescreens at least once a day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having an issue with my computer for quite some time now, this has been happening for about 1 month and a half. Going back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Apaichi, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Apaichi Win User

Computer freezes, bluescreens at least once a day

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my computer for quite some time now, this has been happening for about 1 month and a half.

Going back to the end of July, I had a pretty old specs, but they served me well, I didn't have any problems with them what so ever. There was one though, sometimes when my monitor would go to sleep after inactivity, it would restart my whole PC. Carrying on my brother offered me a new motherboard, with a new CPU and 8 GB of ram, since he was upgrading his PC so he could play the new releases, so he offered everything for free. So the new specs are:

Processor: AMD FX(tm) 8320 Eight Core Processor 3.50 GHz (New)
    RAM: 12.0 GB 8GB (New) +(2GB+2GB Old)
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Old)
    MB: MSI Gaming 970 (New)

I then reinstalled to windows 10, I had some problems with sound, so I installed Realtek. Everything was going fine for about 2 weeks. I went on holiday for 3 days (Aug 14). When I came back (Aug 17) my problems started. 4 hours into my session of gaming, my PC got a bluescreen, error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I didn't think much of it.

Then the next day, while i was gaming, I got a total freeze (couldn't do anything, sound was buzzing, required a hard reboot), didn't think much of it, again.
    And the following day, no surprise, I got another BSoD this time with an error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. This is the moment where question marks popped inside my head.

The hell is happening?

I googled hours upon hours on a fix. Everything I've tried, nothing, memtest - nothing helpful, my HDD is definetly fine, no question. After 7 days of after continuous BSoD's, it stopped. After that everything was going fine. Until 2 weeks ago, it all started again. The dreaded BSoD started annoying me again. At least 1 BSoD or freeze a day, damn.

Computer freezes, bluescreens at least once a day e5c8ed93-a4aa-48c0-a477-91972d313fa1?upload=true.png
    I checked the reliability monitor, things ain't looking good here, that's for sure.

Yesterday I asked my brother if he experienced any problems like this before, he had the freezes, not a lot of BSoD's, but he said a simple reinstall of windows helped him. That was 4 months ago.

The only option that I haven't tried yet is, reinstalling windows.
    Has anybody experienced these types of problems before?
    If yes, how did you fix them? I'm still not convinced that it's Windows, but I don't know that much about computer problems, so I may be super wrong about that one.

Additional Info:

Event Viewer is totally useless, no useful information what so ever.

Main cause of these BSoD's is ntoskrnl.sys.

Freezes when gaming, Only BSoD codes are written above, one time, my Pc shut every program that I had one by one, until it gave me a BSoD.

Thank you.

:)

Apaichi, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Sep 30, 2018
  4. lyrala Win User

Bluescreens / Freezes

Hey guys,

so i'm having some issues with my Computer. It randomly freezes up when playing games or browsing the web. If this happens no dumpfile is created. Sometimes it bluescreens and creates a dump file. I got 2 different Bluescreens and another one when i debugged my Drivers to check for issues.

Bluescreen 1: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP <- the dumpfile for this bluescreen will be in the ZIP file.
    Bluescreen 2: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT <- Sadly there is no dumpfile from this bluescreen so i can't upload it.

All right now when i read stuff up a bit i stumbled across checking my drivers with driver verifier. Then when i rebooted to start again my Computer didn't boot anymore.
    Before even loading my users it

Bluescreen 3: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION <- No Dumpfile aswell

So after resetting my Computer to a save point i checked every driver 1 by 1 to filter out which one is causing the issue.

The Blue Screen only appeared when i checked Intels driver hswultpep.sys

So now i'm kind of lost with what to do from this point since i cant find anything on the internet to solve this driver issue.

Thats why i'm here hoping for some help because this freezing and Blue Screening is really annoying.

Greetings

Lyra

lyrala, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer freezes, bluescreens at least once a day - Similar Threads - Computer freezes bluescreens

2. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  3. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  4. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC will freeze at least once a day and I'm not totally sure the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will freeze at least once a day and I'm not totally sure the cause: Hello, I'm looking for some help determining what the cause is for my freezing issue. For the past few months, I've been getting a consistent hard freeze but with different repro steps so I'm having a hard time pinpointing what the issue is. Most of the time it happens when...
  6. My PC will freeze at least once a day and I'm not totally sure the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC will freeze at least once a day and I'm not totally sure the cause: Hello, I'm looking for some help determining what the cause is for my freezing issue. For the past few months, I've been getting a consistent hard freeze but with different repro steps so I'm having a hard time pinpointing what the issue is. Most of the time it happens when...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD's at least once a day.

Windows 10 BSOD's at least once a day.: Hello.Recently, I've performed a few updates on drivers and my BIOS. Since then, I've been getting BSOD's at least once a day, usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION where ks.sys failed.Any idea on how to identify the cause and how to fix this?...
  8. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day: My computer will randomly bsod at random times during the day can you help me find out what is causing this.Here are the files:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6cvkyogkvhjv61s/AADZaD8rtTK3qGDz4y0yqgMfa?dl=0...
  9. BSOD at least once every two days.

BSOD at least once every two days.: I have been having issues for almost 2 years now and nothing has seemed to work. Attempted fixes: Scan for malware, driver updates, new cpu cooler, new gpu, new cpu, new motherboard, new C: drive, remove old drives, 4 complete wipes of my C: drive and starting fresh. This...
  10. BSoD once at least every day

BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...