Windows 10: Computer freezes but not completely

Discus and support Computer freezes but not completely in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so PC history first : Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zog_2nd, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Zog_2nd Win User

Computer freezes but not completely

Ok so PC history first :

Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a X570 board. I kept my nvidia GTX1080, my 16GB of RAM, and both of my drives 250GB NVme SSD for boot and a 1TB SSHD.

But the end of my semester approaching i didn't have time to reinstall windows along all the software i use for school. I know that it is recommended between major hardware changes. So i postponed the reinstallation until two weeks ago at the end of my exams I passed all of them if you wonder : .

So the install went smoothly, until a few days after the install the PC froze randomly while talking with a friend while being on zoom for online classes, but i could do some things :

- Move the cursor

- Close apps only some that are windowed and only after a 5s delay

- Could rightclick on some elements taskbar, desktop

- Could see the outline of button when you mouse over for Firefox favorites for exemple

- Could still open Task manager

So the first crash I thought it was nothing, a random windows crash happens.

But it happened a few more times since while doing random things playing game, working on excel, chilling on twitch + discord, during online classes very problematic : , and after different times from startup.

During a crash i took this photo from the task manager where it shows 100% utilisation in 3D and Copy and -1% ??? in encoding and decoding

https://imgur.com/a/8k9vGt0

After a bit of research about what could caused it, I found this post :

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/g54cax/computer_freezes_but_can_still_move_mouseneed/

The temps of my PC seems normal, I tried resitting the ram, i tried to deactivate audio drivers that seemed to have help tengu-alysaar and the connection between the NVIDIA audio driver and the weird thing on the task manager seemed like a link ? :

https://imgur.com/a/Rl6vASh

So i'm a bit out of ideas of what to look for. Hope you can help me :

:)

Zog_2nd, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 3, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer freezes but not completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Computer freezes but not completely

Fix Laptop after upgrade to Windows 10 now slow or freezing completely

Hi Marina,

What is the error that you see on Startup? Provide complete and exact error code or message.

I suggest that you run the SFC scan and check if it helps to improve the Computer performance. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Vinod Archak, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezes but not completely

1. Computer freezes but not completely - Similar Threads - Computer freezes completely

2. Computer irregularily freezes completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer irregularily freezes completely: Hello,My windows 10 installation freezes sometimes.It is usually in 3 steps : first, a series of small freezes of 1 to 3 seconds, then the displays freezes completely not the sound except the cursor, and then everything.When everything is frozen, nothing can be done :...
  3. Computer irregularily freezes completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer irregularily freezes completely: Hello,My windows 10 installation freezes sometimes.It is usually in 3 steps : first, a series of small freezes of 1 to 3 seconds, then the displays freezes completely not the sound except the cursor, and then everything.When everything is frozen, nothing can be done :...
  4. Computer irregularily freezes completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer completely freezing

Computer completely freezing: My computer has started to freeze randomly whenever I am doing something such as playing a game or browsing the Web. This issue has only been happening for a few days. I did have new internet installed a week ago but I can't see how that will cause my PC to freeze. Does...
  6. Computer complete freeze up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer complete freeze up: For the past 2 weeks or so I’ve had this problem happen about once or twice a week (happened around 3-4 times so far) where my whole computer goes unresponsive. I am not sure if this is caused by the latest windows update(KB4571756 I believe) or if its my computer, I am...
  7. Computer Completely Freezes Often

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Completely Freezes Often: My computer completely freezes very often (once every 1-2 days). When it freezes, I can do nothing. I cant move my mouse, I can't interact with the with the computer using the keyboard, it's just completely frozen. I have already factory reset my computer and wiped all my...
  8. Computer freezes up but doesn't completely freeze up

Computer freezes up but doesn't completely freeze up: Hello, I have a problem with my computer where the computer sometimes seems to "freeze up". By freezing up, I mean that the computer starts to freeze and then for a second or two I can move my mouse again and the computer is responsive. It repeats this process maybe three or...
  9. Chrome COMPLETLY freezes computer

Chrome COMPLETLY freezes computer: Hi Since the last major update of windows, opening google chrome from the chrome application as caused constent freezing of the system. it started by chrome suddently stopping to work and freezing the computer. HOWEVER, now any opening of a chrome tab completely freezes...
  10. My computer keeps completely freezing

My computer keeps completely freezing: It's been about a week since the problem has started and I should mentioned this a new computer I built for the purpose of gaming. When I first had the problem I was playing a game called Black Desert Online and since then it freezes 5-10 after depending on what I am doing....