Windows 10: Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up

Discus and support Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Edition computer Version 2004. In the last few weeks, my computer freezes within the first half hour of booting up. I don't have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dave_M_G, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Dave_M_G Win User

Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up

Windows 10 Home Edition computer Version 2004.

In the last few weeks, my computer freezes within the first half hour of booting up. I don't have to log in, if I just leave it at the login screen and wait, it will usually freeze and require a hard reset.

However, after about twenty minutes or so, and one to three reboots after freezing, the computer seems to stabilize and does not freeze again.

So it seems that this is something to do with maybe the CPU or other parts needing to warm up?

I have tried running disk checks, memory checks, updating drivers, and every check I can think of, and I have not uncovered a single error or even a malformed file.

Any suggestions on how I can possibly diagnose and solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Dave_M_G, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 16, 2020
  3. computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up

warm problems

My nokia lumia 720 warms and battery goes down very fast.....

please suggest

pradeep135, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up

1. Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up - Similar Threads - Computer freezes warmed

2. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  3. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  4. Computer FULL FREEZING only when left idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer FULL FREEZING only when left idle.: Hello, i would appreciate any help this is driving me crazy! I recently updated my bios with a flashdrive containing the update from MSI's website and this completely messed my computer up. First it wouldn't even boot up windows. (I fixed this by changing my boot priority...
  5. Computer only freezes in browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only freezes in browsers: My computer only freezes in browsers. It freezes for a few seconds, then the screen turns dark. Other things connected to the internet, Discord, Steam, etc. never freezes. And I tried different browsers. But it only seems to freeze in browsers. Can someone shed some light...
  6. Computer Freezing up

Computer Freezing up: Hi, My computer keeps freezing up and then a blue screen shows up saying that there is a problem and that the system is trying to fix it and will shut itself down. But it never shuts down and I have to press the power button to unfreeze the system. It just happened again and...
  7. computer freezing up

computer freezing up: I just removed Macfee from my computer which is about a year and half. I just used Windows Defender and thought it would fix my problem of the computer freezing up. What more can I do?...
  8. computer freezes up

computer freezes up: My computer will freeze up when watching videos. Doesn't matter if it is on YouTube or any other website. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-up/b3e839e9-b8ee-4bba-b42b-9018447a776c
  9. Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought with all the smart folks on this forum I might get some ideas. I have an odd issue. My laptop will not complete initial boot, but only when the laptop is warm, as in restarting, or after a shutdown/reboot. If...
  10. Computer freezing up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing up.: I am using a HP Pavalon with 16 MB of RAM which is running Windows 10 with the latest update. Normally the computer runs fine. However, when running Photoshop CC, after about 1/2 hour or so, the program stops working. I found that if I open the "Task Manager" and click on...