Windows 10: Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly

Discus and support Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, This problem I have been having a while. I often get complete freezes randomly playing video games. There is no lead up to it, nothing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cascade88, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Cascade88 Win User

Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly

Hey all,

This problem I have been having a while. I often get complete freezes randomly playing video games. There is no lead up to it, nothing to suggest it's struggling and can't pin point the trigger. Best way to describe it is, it's like a BSOD but it's frozen so I never see it but apparently I'm disconnected from game and from voice chat etc. I have to restart everytime

In the beginning these freezes use to make my old SSD not able to be found by the system. With the operating system on this, often I would be booted into BIOS. When changing to M.2 I left my SSD drive in and when crashes happened, it again went missing from the system.

Things I have tried so far:

• Changed from a normal SSD to an M.2 as I thought that was a cause.
    • Was getting HID-compliant headset as an error and changed by headset. Still was getting the freezes. Recently disabled this driver. This just doesn't even come up on the critical event list no more.
    • Changed froma 550w to a 750w gold PSU. Wasn't a power problem.
    • Had one stick of Ram in and then only the other in. Crashed on both. Not the RAM.
    • Stress tested the hell out of CPU, GPU and Memtest on RAM. Even with lots of windows open etc. All did really well without a problem.
    • Completely uninstalled my graphics drivers with DDU.
    • Reinstalled windows number of times.
    • Temperature of everything is fine not high.

Here's the last few minidumps those who like to look through them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OeJCt0w-WTV_tlf3k-ZuUDa1tEx5i_tw?usp=sharing

Hope you guys might be able to see something as I'm not totally stumped.

:)

Cascade88, Jun 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes Crashes

2. random crashes and freezes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random crashes and freezes?: I'm having problems with my PC crashing and freezing. It seems random, even crashing when I'm not in the room but I've left the computer on. There is no error message. The screen just goes blank and computer stops or on other occasions the screen just freezes. Thanks...
  3. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  4. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  5. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Random Crash and Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crash and Freeze: Hello, I need some help, my pc is recently crash after updateat first I thought it was a driver issues, I reinstall the driver, but no luckI run memory diagnostic, both with windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 and both pass with no issuesI tried run DISM and sfc /scannow...
  7. Random Crashes/Freezes

Random Crashes/Freezes: For 2-3 weeks now I've been experiencing random crashes/freezes, from various sources according to the Reliability Monitor; Word, Firefox, Chrome Browser, Brave Browser, Windows Explorer. I've documented them all, but for now let list the ones from yesterday.Like I said,...
  8. Random crashes and freezes

Random crashes and freezes: hi, lately i've been experiences some crashes, when that happens my screen just fereezes and than the only thing i can do with it is just turn of the pc. I of course checked every the basics like cpu temperature etc and every is where it should be at. So i cheked the error...
  9. Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated: This is an updated version of a question i asked a while ago. Here is the original question: "So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....
  10. Computer freezing and crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly.: So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....