Windows 10: Computer Freezes Daily, Event Monitor not helping

Discus and support Computer Freezes Daily, Event Monitor not helping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I built a computer for my boss a while back. It is a 7700k with a quadro p1000 and ASRock Extreme4 Z270. I can't put my finger on exactly when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nikado7, May 23, 2019.

1. Nikado7 Win User

Computer Freezes Daily, Event Monitor not helping

I built a computer for my boss a while back. It is a 7700k with a quadro p1000 and ASRock Extreme4 Z270. I can't put my finger on exactly when it started but it was about 2 months ago if I had to guess. Basically it will freeze up once or twice a day. Seems like usage or open programs are irrelevant as it does it even with nothing open. The only way to correct it is hold the power button until it shuts off. The reset button does nothing for some reason. I have tried different video card drives, going back to even a year old ones, nothing. It has an M.2 960 Evo, ran test on that came up clean. Event monitor doesnt seem to show much, lots of little warnings and a few critical but they dont seem to even coincide with the time that it froze.

In the 2 month period the only thing that I can think of is we changed to outlook email account/using microsoft outlook, and I upgraded it to 1809. I have since upgraded to 1903 (yesterday) and the issue remains. I haven't looked into outlook and there was an error about unresolved DNS server and that seemed to be around the time it mighta happened. It's hard to tell because this computer is left unattended for long periods and most of the time when it is attended it has already froze up and has to be restarted.

Any help would be much appreciated. Whatever I need to post on here, logs, anything, let me know and I will make it happen. Thanks

:)

Nikado7, May 23, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 23, 2019
  3. DCook7123 Win User
    Windows 10 Freezing daily

I have an HP computer with an SSD for my Operating System and Apps and an HDD for files. I am experiencing daily freezes with this computer. I did some google searches and found some suggested solutions. The first was to login on a second administrator
    account -- I couldn't see where I could do this as I don't have a second administrator account. The next suggestion was to go back to a previous build. I tried to do this through both options (Directly and through Safe Mode). Neither worked -- In the
    first case it said going back to a previous build was not an option and in safe mode it said it could not revert because it had been more than 10 days. I'm still struggling with a freezing computer. Any suggestions??? Help??

DCook7123, May 23, 2019
  4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Freezes Daily, Event Monitor not helping - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes Daily

2. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  3. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  4. ESENT events - Computer Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESENT events - Computer Freezes: Hello All,I have seen these issues posted several times, but there still does not seem to be any fix. Seeing the event below in Event Viewer:taskhostw 9172,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file...
  5. ESENT events - Computer Freezes

ESENT events - Computer Freezes: Hello All,I have seen these issues posted several times, but there still does not seem to be any fix. Seeing the event below in Event Viewer:taskhostw 9172,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file...
  6. Pc freezes daily

Pc freezes daily: HelloMy friends build me a pc around january which worked completely fine for the first 2 weeks I had it.But after around the second week I started to notice that my pc froze once a week with freezing i mean that i couldn't do anything and audio was looping for 1 second after...
  7. Computer freezing daily since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing daily since last update: My machine has been freezing daily since the last update, it never did that before. I tried looking online to see how to diagnose the issue but have not been successful. Has anyone else been having the same problem? Is Microsoft aware of this? Any plans to fix or diagnose it?...
  8. Daily PC Freeze and crash - Live kernel event 141

Daily PC Freeze and crash - Live kernel event 141: For the last few weeks I have been experiencing almost daily PC freezes and unexpected shutdown. No new hardware changes in that time. Crashes occur at seemingly random times, irrespective of load on CPU or GPU. Temps are all ok. System specs below. I need help isolating the...
  9. BSOD & Freezing daily

BSOD & Freezing daily: Hello, I've been experiencing a number of freezing and BSOD randomly a couple of times a day. My latest BSOD seems to be a KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, what failed: amdppm.sys. I've searched and tried the regedit method of looking for...
  10. Computer Freezing or Restarting Daily

Computer Freezing or Restarting Daily: Hello, For almost three months I have been experiencing issues with my computer. I have an Alienware Dell. Generally, within the first hour or two of turning on my computer, it will do one of two things at random and without any warning signs to precede this happening....