Windows 10: Computer freezes during boot

Discus and support Computer freezes during boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by g powers, Sep 17, 2022.

1. g powers Win User

Computer freezes during boot

My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?

:)

g powers, Sep 17, 2022
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 17, 2022
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 17, 2022
  4. Computer freezes during boot

Laptop freezes during Starting up on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried to perform startup repair of the computer?
    • When you say that "The screen was freeze, neither the Keyboard nor the Mouse responded.", when exactly the screen is getting freeze? Is it at login screen or while booting the computer?
    • When you switch on the computer, are you able see anything on the screen?

I suggest you to try to perform the steps which provided in the previous post and let us know the results.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 17, 2022
Thema:

Computer freezes during boot

1. Computer freezes during boot - Similar Threads - Computer freezes during

2. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  3. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  4. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  5. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  6. Computer freezes during update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes during update: I just reinstall my system and I install windows 10 (1809) During the automatic update (to 1909) my computer just freezes. I can't even restart it because it freezes during the loading. All I can do is to run troubleshooting options and run in safe mode. The problem is that I...
  7. Computer freezing during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during game: Hello all, I have recently started having issues whilst playing The Witcher 3. Everything is fine for a short period of time after which my monitors will turn off for a short time before turning back on after which the game is frozen. This only started occurring recently....
  8. New PC freezing during boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC freezing during boot.: I’ve had Windows 10 for years and it never gave me any problems. But now I just bought a new motherboard and CPU and every time I boot it, it freezes on the Windows 10 loading screen after the spinning dots do about one rotation. I tried taking every nonessential component...
  9. Freezing during boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing during boot sequence: Hi! I have been getting crashes and unable to boot normally because during boot it shows artifacts and/or freezes. Sometimes I would get into the log-in screen but it artifacts and then crashes again. The analyzed the most recent dump file and it showed me four files that...
  10. Computer Freezing at Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Freezing at Boot: Hey guys, I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I have had no luck. My sister for her birthday got a new laptop (Dell Latitude E6420 Intel i5 2540m at 2.6 ghz). I did the free Windows 10 upgrade for her, and when the computer is starting from a shut down, it goes to a...